Bellends at the back of the South Stand

I love the noise, hate games being silent. Before child I was in amongst the noise back of North Stand then South Stand.

Looking up from the lower South Stand you can see it's the bairns singing the Shearer ad Wyke songs. Shearer probably retired before they were born. And that aye shite has to stop. It sounds shit and is shit.

Sing to encourage and praise the team.

tonight I heard

“we’re top of the league” after going one nil up - it’s 9 games in ffs

“Your shit ahhhhh” quickly followed by “ayyye ayyyye ayyye” - ffs

“Charlie wyke is a sex offender” - not even sure why this is a chant

“is there a fire drill” immediately after the 5th went in - again wasn’t like anyone was leaving in droves from either end, very puzzling.

only time I remember a song aimed at our players was like onien chant.
We used to have top chants for our best players for years.
now it’s just some half arsed butchered generic song they’ve seen another team song on Instagram/Twitter/tiktok (whatever the latest one is)

would really like to the south stand claim back it’s singing end status, new creative songs about current players is a must.
no rehash of our previous songs, no pinching from other teams.

tonight I heard

“is there a fire drill” immediately after the 5th went in - again wasn’t like anyone was leaving in droves from either end, very puzzling.

now it’s just some half arsed butchered generic song they’ve seen another team song on Instagram/Twitter/tiktok (whatever the latest one is)

would really like to the south stand claim back it’s singing end status, new creative songs about current players is a must.
Also add to this

Sunderland’s going up and the mags are going down - again 9 games in ffs

I’m from waaalsend he’s from walllsend - funny about 2 year ago

Early days of the SoL used to be like that for mid week cup games cos of the cheap tickets. Annoying as fuck tonight mind but overall harmless really just kids being kids and trying to impress their mates.
Daft wee laddies trying to earn a reputation (jake McQuillian -just a boys game )

tonight I heard

‘No pinching from other teams’ will never happen of course, as much as I agree.
The ‘six league titles, and still going strong’ song absolutely makes me cringe. True enough and something to be celebrated, but talk about living in the distant past. And a straight lift from Rangers and Man Utd amongst others.

The your shit ahahahah craic when a keeper is taking a goal kick is absolutely abysmal and small time as fuck, it should not be used by our fans, terrible.
Should do something original and add bastard into it like Leeds scum’s south stand. Even heard some obviously Leeds supporting kids, no older than 11, doing it at Ossett the other day
That’s shit banter from 30 years ago

awful
Aye 40 years ago. Remember Leicester doing it around the mid 2000s and my dad turning to me and saying haven’t heard that one since the 80s

Last edited:
‘No pinching from other teams’ will never happen of course, as much as I agree.
The ‘six league titles, and still going strong’ song absolutely makes me cringe. True enough and something to be celebrated, but talk about living in the distant past. And a straight lift from Rangers and Man Utd amongst others.
True, but I’d prefer they were knicked from somewhere like st Pauli than the generic “every team in the land singing something from and England away” we’ve come to endure

Iv had a season ticket right at the back of south stand since they moved away fans, the kids do pile in sometimes without tickets and today was particularly bad for it but they’re harmless really and contributed to a good atmosphere today, people acting outraged at young lads wanting to get involved in the atmosphere as if they were any different at 15/16
Same here mate, couldn’t make the game last night due to work but they’re harmless. Not too fussed on the wyke chant or the your support is shit but it is what it is, I can’t believe people are crying because they are singing about the mags and shearer ffs.

Back