Belfast

Love Belfast, worked their for a few months.

As far as a bar is concerned, we found a place called Laverys which was decent for sport. Across the road is Benedicts which gets rammed with lasses.

Belfast was great for the drink when we went in February, better than Dublin imho

Can’t remember where had footy on though, was too drunk most of the time!

Reckon most bars in the cathedral quarter prob have sports on though

We had a fabulous weekend in Belfast last year
Really enjoyed The Crown which I think is the oldest pub in Ireland or one of them

Bear in mind though, the boozers have a weird queuing system which takes some getting used to - especially a numbnut like me who kept forgetting and wading straight to the bars

Also if you want to sit at a table, you have to book one in advance in most places

Last edited:
Bot a good call but if you want to stay in city centre there is Franklin's Sports Bar on Franklin Street, very near Grand Central Hotel/Ulster Hall. Massive screen, loads of smaller screens & loads of bars around it. About 50 metres behind the Crown Bar, which is always worth a visit as a tourist - though expensive.

We had a fabulous weekend in Belfast last year
Really enjoyed The Crown which I think is the oldest pub in Ireland or one of them

We had a good few days over there last year. Thought it was a really interesting city and loved the scenery going up to the Giant's Causeway. Booked a snug in The Crown and really enjoyed it.

Franklin's as a venue is spot on, an absolute stroke at ÂŁ6.70 a pint however. Haven't bothered with The Botanic Inn or the branch in years though so can't comment on what the bar is like now.

Little Italy pizza takeaway is two minutes away from Franklin's.

As for a fry the next morning, Brights on High Street is phenomenal. Great food, reasonable enough for today's prices, staff are all lovely.

By and large though, Belfast is an overpriced shithole.

Be careful with colours on in The Crown. Andy, the assistant manager, can be a prize prick depending what mood he's in. Told me to leave the bar last season before the play offs home match vs. Luton. Was only going in to see a couple of mates first before Franklin's but sure had no problem with the rugby colours on....

Back