Bears v Durham

Parkside

Winger

I'll take the liberty of starting the match thread as their appears to be a reluctance to do so.
Coughlin omitted and no reason given.
McKinney off to play for U19s but Killeen held back. Suggests perhaps he's going to play. Should do-little point in playing Glover or Gibson.
Killeen had a decent bowl in the nets at Gosforth - like you I would expect him to play.

Looks like Campbell may have lost patience with Coughlin unless of course he's sneezed and done his back in the style of Chris Old.

Killeen had a decent bowl in the nets at Gosforth - like you I would expect him to play.

Looks like Campbell may have lost patience with Coughlin unless of course he's sneezed and done his back in the style of Chris Old.
I thought Killeen was the most likely to come through this year but appears to have suffered a lot of injuries-unlike his dad who was indestructible.
Coughlin in effect refused to bowl when the captain called him up to bowl. Lees should refuse to have him in his team.
Coggers didn't think it was fair that he had to bowl and has told his Mam.

DURHAM 2023 ONE DAY CUP STATS AFTER SOMERSET:

Most Runs - ALEX LEES - 315 (+63)
Most Wickets - Liam Trevaskis - 11 (+3)
Most Maidens - Liam Trevaskis - 2 (+1)
Most Overs Bowled - George Drissell - 39.4 (+6)
36 Wickets - 20 Catches (56%) - 7 LBW (19%) - 6 Bowled (17%) - 3 Stumpings (8%) - 0 Run Out (0%)
Most 4’s - ALEX LEES - 37 (+6)
Most 6’s - David Bedingham - 10 (+2)
Tosses - Won 3 - Lost 3
Runs Scored - 1415 (+181)
Avg 1st inns Score - 283 (-26)
Results - Won 2 - Lost 3 - NR - 1

MILESTONES
  • BAS DE LEEDE HIGHEST DURHAM LIST A SCORE (18)

Too late now, but it's been annoying me how other counties seem to get their unused players returned to them from the franchises and we don't

My understanding was that players can be returned if they don't get selected for 2 consecutive matches in the bar snacks league, yet Potts didn't play in the first 5 matches for Yorkshire Nothingtoseehere's and wasn't returned. Robinson has yet play for them and hasn't been returned. Raine has played once (I think) in 6 or 7 matches for the Werther's Originals and hasn't been returned at any stage. If Durham were playing in the same group as Yorks, then at least we'd know what their game was, but we aren't, so it makes no sense. It makes so little sense that when the Yorkshire Don'tmentionracism's did finally play Potts, he hadn't bowled a white ball in about a year and so went all round the park. If they'd sent him home when they didn't want him, then at least he'd had been up to speed when they did. Bonkers!

and speaking of bonkers, Ackermann had been released to play for Leics at the Rose Bowl and went down with the team, but then got called up into the matchday squad for his franchise, so took a taxi to Cardiff, but didn't make the team and had to take another taxi back to Southampton in order to play for Leics. Well he won't have to worry about that sort of nonsense next year when he plays for us, because no fu..ker will release him when he's a Durham player

Too late now, but it's been annoying me how other counties seem to get their unused players returned to them from the franchises and we don't

My understanding was that players can be returned if they don't get selected for 2 consecutive matches in the bar snacks league, yet Potts didn't play in the first 5 matches for Yorkshire Nothingtoseehere's and wasn't returned. Robinson has yet play for them and hasn't been returned. Raine has played once (I think) in 6 or 7 matches for the Werther's Originals and hasn't been returned at any stage. If Durham were playing in the same group as Yorks, then at least we'd know what their game was, but we aren't, so it makes no sense. It makes so little sense that when the Yorkshire Don'tmentionracism's did finally play Potts, he hadn't bowled a white ball in about a year and so went all round the park. If they'd sent him home when they didn't want him, then at least he'd had been up to speed when they did. Bonkers!

and speaking of bonkers, Ackermann had been released to play for Leics at the Rose Bowl and went down with the team, but then got called up into the matchday squad for his franchise, so took a taxi to Cardiff, but didn't make the team and had to take another taxi back to Southampton in order to play for Leics. Well he won't have to worry about that sort of nonsense next year when he plays for us, because no fu..ker will release him when he's a Durham player
I'm reliably informed one Durham player was offered a release and didn't want to play in the one day cup.

Would be surprised if any team chooses to bat first against us with our recent record.
I'm reliably informed one Durham player was offered a release and didn't want to play in the one day cup.
Not surprised. I'd be the same. Why travel all that way to play a whole days cricket, if there's no reward in it?

Last edited:
Would be surprised if any team chooses to bat first against us with our recent record.

Not surprised. I'd be the same. Why travel all that way to play a whole days cricket, if there's no reward in it?
2 hours in a car north isn't really asking much when you're not playing cricket lately

Back