BCCI and ICC are evil

To be honest, it seems quite straightforward if the article is correct - the two nations side an agreement that they’d play each other x amount of times over x amount of years, so long as Pakistan backed India’s desire to be one of the big three.

Pakistan then pulled their support and so it’s only fair that the contract was worth nothing.

Morally, the idea of such a contract is horrific, that goes without saying but as we’ve seen with the Qatar World Cup award - these sort of backhanded deals go on. When you strip it right down, it’s basically legalised bribery for votes.

To be honest, it seems quite straightforward if the article is correct - the two nations side an agreement that they’d play each other x amount of times over x amount of years, so long as Pakistan backed India’s desire to be one of the big three.

Pakistan then pulled their support and so it’s only fair that the contract was worth nothing.

Morally, the idea of such a contract is horrific, that goes without saying but as we’ve seen with the Qatar World Cup award - these sort of backhanded deals go on. When you strip it right down, it’s basically legalised bribery for votes.

Im not sure they did mate. IIRC BCCI needed their vote to make the changes they wanted but when they got what they wanted it was the BCCI who went back on their word. Citing terrorism as the reason they couldn't play. Even in the middle east. Aye you know that hot bed of extremism Dubai.

There is literally no reason that the BCCI dont play pak in a neutral venue. After all they dont seem too fussed when the world are watching and play them in a ICC event.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Cricket was supposed to be better than this.

Last edited:
Im not sure they did mate. IIRC BCCI needed their vote to make the changes they wanted but when they got what they wanted it was the BCCI who went back on their word. Citing terrorism as the reason they couldn't play. Even in the middle east. Aye you know that hot bed of extremism Dubai.

There is literally no reason that the BCCI dont play pak in a neutral venue. After all they dont seem too fussed when the world are watching and play them in a ICC event.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Cricket was supposed to be better than this.
Arguably maybe. India and Pakistan have been at war with each other and tensions are still high, especially in Kashmir where clashes regularly occur. Both communal incidents within both countries of Hindu's vs Muslims and vice versa. In many ways the sub continent is a tinderbox.

Cricket between the two is very political.

Arguably maybe. India and Pakistan have been at war with each other and tensions are still high, especially in Kashmir where clashes regularly occur. Both communal incidents within both countries of Hindu's vs Muslims and vice versa. In many ways the sub continent is a tinderbox.

But isnt that the point mate? Cricket and politics should be kept separate? I know that is a naive point of view. Its just I feel that cricket would heal fractures between the two countries.

They are not really at war with each other. They still trade billions every year. This whole issues smacks to be of a schoolyard bully throwing their weight about trying to keep the little fella down.

Not playing in the UAE and Dubai against Pak should tell you everything you need to know about the situation. Nee one is battering a eyelid. Nee one is pulling up the BCCi for their actions. It makes me sick.

Not sure its hindus vs muslims either marra. More muslims live in india than pak. Plus plenty of muslims play for india and in the ipl. Its pakistanis they got a issue with.

But isnt that the point mate? Cricket and politics should be kept separate? I know that is a naive point of view. Its just I feel that cricket would heal fractures between the two countries.

They are not really at war with each other. They still trade billions every year. This whole issues smacks to be of a schoolyard bully throwing their weight about trying to keep the little fella down.

Not playing in the UAE and Dubai against Pak should tell you everything you need to know about the situation. Nee one is battering a eyelid. Nee one is pulling up the BCCi for their actions. It makes me sick.

Not sure its hindus vs muslims either marra. More muslims live in india than pak. Plus plenty of muslims play for india and in the ipl. Its pakistanis they got a issue with.
You know there a problem when leaders of both Countries alternate between proclaiming their peaceful intentions and blaming the other for some atrocity.

Cricket and politics are intertwined there, my opinion.

You know there a problem when leaders of both Countries alternate between proclaiming their peaceful intentions and blaming the other for some atrocity.

Cricket and politics are intertwined there, my opinion.

You're right mate. It's been tit for tatt since we partitioned them and let them have independence. Unfortunately we have to take some of the blame too. We decided to use the old divide and conquer technique on them and left Kashmir for them to eternally squabble over.

I just hate bullies. imo BCCi are bullying pcb into submission. The cricketing fraternity rather than keeping their head in the sand and their pockets full need to intervene. Will it happen? will it fuck.

BCCI are all about the money, the power just comes with it and helps them make more. Do you think they would not play series against Pakistan which for tv rights, sponsorship etc will be the most lucrative they probably could achieve?? Sometimes there is a lot more too it and potentially a lot of dangers involved.

If the contract was worth anything then they would have took it to a court of law anyway, sounds more a verbal agreement to me.

Back