Bathroom fitting costs......

Put something up on Rated People or something similar last year wanting a quote on a small bathroom. The only company who bothered to respond were DynoRod. The lad who turned up was looking to cut corners to make the job easier even at the stage of pricing it up, then put a quote in for stuff that I hadn't asked for (including a placca ceiling). Knew the tatey wasn't listening, too busy thinking about knocking off early.

Need a tiler I to do a floor if anyone has a number please
Not Bonny she's probably too old by now and she'll keep telling me to turn around , anyway I digress,
Number please, Thank you

Just fitted a toilet that was leaking. Concealed cistern and cabinet. Sounds simple but had to modify the cabinet quite a bit for the waste to fit. But of a fuck on but it’s looking good.

Anyway, cost of the toilet and cabinet alone would’ve been +£500 if I hadn’t got a bargain from Wickes.

We sent out quote requests to over a dozen fitters, only two got back to me. One of those didn’t even bother turning up to look and give a quote and the other managed to squeeze me in in between jobs. It was a bit of a mercy job I think, as our bathroom was that bad and my wife was heavily pregnant. Small bathroom with new suite, thermostatic shower, rad, plastering, plumbing, tiling etc came in at around £6700.
Trying to get prices off some trades at moment is hard work. Looking for fitter myself for price
It’s a nightmare. As above. Also needed roof replacing on utility room, sent out half a dozen requests for a quote and not one was interested in the job because it was just a small roof. Ended up paying a lad from Murton to do it, which to his credit he was punctual, polite and quality. Seems you can’t give your money away at the minute.

Last edited:
We sent out quote requests to over a dozen fitters, only two got back to me. One of those didn’t even bother turning up to look and give a quote and the other managed to squeeze me in in between jobs. It was a bit of a mercy job I think, as our bathroom was that bad and my wife was heavily pregnant. Small bathroom with new suite, thermostatic shower, rad, plastering, plumbing, tiling etc came in at around £6700.

It’s a nightmare. As above. Also needed roof replacing on utility room, sent out half a dozen requests for a quote and not one was interested in the job because it was just a small roof. Ended up paying a lad from Murton to do it, which to his credit he was punctual, polite and quality. Seems you can’t give your money away at the minute.
Who done bathroom mate? Dm if need be

Totally depends on how much of the existing plumbing needs altering to accommodate showers/baths in new positions etc.

Choice of tiling also will have a big impact on price.

An entire new suite including the above and any other bits such as new lighting/radiators etc will set you back about £4-5k including labour at the moment.

Got ours done last year and the lad did a good job.

Back