Barry’s Bargain Superstore In Consett

It's snowed in by now isn't it?

Thick frost this morning so the snow won't be far off!

I bought 20 of those fancy Kombucha drinks for two quid and four bags of peanut M&Ms for a quid. It feels good to be alive after a visit to Barry's.
They had Tuborg and Carlsberg cheap for the lager drinkers and more discounted cereal than you could shake a stick at!

I bought 20 of those fancy Kombucha drinks for two quid and four bags of peanut M&Ms for a quid. It feels good to be alive after a visit to Barry's.
They had Tuborg and Carlsberg cheap for the lager drinkers and more discounted cereal than you could shake a stick at!
thought tuborg went off the market about 10 years ago....... oh wait.

Spot on mavva :cool:

Wowee. Those guys think of everything!

Last edited:
Wouldn't buy anything from there. A mate of mine bought some ferrero rocher for his lass from there, when she opened them the chocolate looked a bit dodgy so they checked the sell by date. The sell by sticker had another sticker placed exactly on top of the other. The visible 1 said they were good for another 10 months. The sticker underneath said they were out of date by 18 months!

Wouldn't buy anything from there. A mate of mine bought some ferrero rocher for his lass from there, when she opened them the chocolate looked a bit dodgy so they checked the sell by date. The sell by sticker had another sticker placed exactly on top of the other. The visible 1 said they were good for another 10 months. The sticker underneath said they were out of date by 18 months!
it's only because you're from Stanley, trying to undermine Sir Barrys empire. :D

Stanley?!?!? See this is libellous

I worked for them at their site up Greencroft, it was that good my job after it was basic training for the Army:lol::lol:

Used to love my visits, even for work visiting the NE.
The people were f***ing diamonds, used to drive home thinking a sense of respect for real people.
Was never disappointed and as an older lad drinking and out with Mates for weekend trips the people never really changed.
was it 'ever ready ' ?

I think it was.
Bizarre that the MD of that rubber gasket company lived 2 miles from here.

Last edited:
Used to love my visits, even for work visiting the NE.
The people were f***ing diamonds, used to drive home thinking a sense of respect for real people.
Was never disappointed and as an older lad drinking and out with Mates for weekend trips the people never really changed.

I think it was.
Bizarre that the MD of that rubber gasket company lived 2 miles from here.
The whole industrial estate has been flattened and new homes are planned for the area.

Back