Barry’s Bargain Superstore In Consett

Its been a long time since I lived in Consett, but Barrys is one of those places.
If you want cheap household stuff, and arent brand loyal... you will always get cheap washing powder, toilet roll, pet food and shower gel at ridiculous prices. The brand will change but it is usually a recognisable one.

But the real beauty of Barrys is the obscure things it sells. Like flavours of Fanta you had no idea existed (Elderflower and bitter orange?) or Mint Crisp cadburys bars. The alcohol selection alone is worth a look purely for its randomness, last things I bought in there were Quilmes Lager (from somewhere like Peru) and Oranjeboom cans, both under a quid each.

You could go on Monday and fill a trolley, then on Thursday, there is nothing you need.

I presume it hasnt changed
I would do anything to live near this place as do as you’re saying. I want some knock off argentinian lager.

If you do come over make a point of coming early, nip into the Weatherspoons bar, some interesting " characters " get in there for breakfast. Then grab your bargains in Barrys before popping down to Knitsley farm for some great pies.

The grub in Knitsley Farm Shop cafe used be cracking at one time.

Wetherspoons breakfast is whino and scratter paradise.

The grub in Knitsley Farm Shop cafe used be cracking at one time.

Wetherspoons breakfast is whino and scratter paradise.

Consett 'spoons is awful like. Up there with Spenny's for terrible design.

It was purpose built yet the acoustics are terrible. Busy times in there, and its like white noise. That said, at least the toilets arent upstairs,

Consett 'spoons is awful like. Up there with Spenny's for terrible design.

It was purpose built yet the acoustics are terrible. Busy times in there, and its like white noise. That said, at least the toilets arent upstairs,

I think of it as the aircraft hanger. A massive enclose space with a constant droning from the voices of the other customers being mixed together in a constant fuźzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I've not seen the breakfast crew. I gather were talking serious alchi whinos who sell their own grannies for booze?

Back