Barmy Army!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

very nice touch ..had a lump in me throat aswell...nice to see the flag flying aswell

From the BBC

A poignant moment in the stadium as the Barmy Army pay tribute to their legendary former member George "The Podge" Summerside, who died earlier this month. The Barmy Army trumpeter plays “The Last Post” and then there is a minute's applause - with even Matt Prior joining in. Cricket fans have also been paying tributes to George on an online forum

Just woke up and watched it on sky plus.

Excellent tribute from the BA. As said flag in prominent place as always.

Great send off for George!

Was listening to TMS and CMJ gave him a nice tribute about 10.15 ish.

"last post being played in honour of George Summerside, legendary fund raiser of the barmy army"

From the BBC

A poignant moment in the stadium as the Barmy Army pay tribute to their legendary former member George "The Podge" Summerside, who died earlier this month. The Barmy Army trumpeter plays “The Last Post” and then there is a minute's applause - with even Matt Prior joining in. Cricket fans have also been paying tributes to George on an online forum
cracking stuff

Nice mention in the guardian report

However, this was a poignant day for Cooper and the other Army regulars, as midway through the afternoon session they led a minute's applause to coincide with the funeral in Sunderland of George Summerside, a well-known and popular member of England's travelling band who died at the age of 53 last week. Cooper played a rousing Last Post, but shortly after being interviewed by Jonathan Agnew for BBC Radio's Test Match Special during the tea interval, he had his trumpet confiscated.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2012/jan/17/england-pakistan-dubai

I just got into the office in time to get it on Sky Go. Was sat with a tear in my eye when a client turned up for a meeting. Had to compose myself for a minute before I could leave my office.

Well done to the Barmy Army. Class from the Trumpeter and special mention to Matty Prior.

Hopefully someone can get it onto youtube along with the tributes on the radio.

Just flew through the highlights after being to georges funeral today, the barmy army tribute has just had me in floods of tears matt prior didn't help either, a fantastic tribute to a fantastic bloke

Nice mention in the guardian report

However, this was a poignant day for Cooper and the other Army regulars, as midway through the afternoon session they led a minute's applause to coincide with the funeral in Sunderland of George Summerside, a well-known and popular member of England's travelling band who died at the age of 53 last week. Cooper played a rousing Last Post, but shortly after being interviewed by Jonathan Agnew for BBC Radio's Test Match Special during the tea interval, he had his trumpet confiscated.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2012/jan/17/england-pakistan-dubai

WFT for????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back