+++ Barcelona 🇪🇸 v PSG 🇫🇷 kick off 2000 TNT Sports 1 TNT Sports Ultimate +++

The red was debatable I guess. The pen was a stone waller, and the Xavi sending off was just

He acted like a bit of a tit, but he didn’t really get the big ones wrong
Ignore the red and ask yourself "Was it a foul?"

Now I've seen it again, it's a clear foul for me as he's clipped the PSG player. Slow motion takes away the force but you can see the Barcelona player's left knee/lower thigh hits the back of the PSG player's thigh with some force as you see the deflection of the Barcelona player's leg as it changes direction and the way the impact travels back through his leg.

Given the PSG player was in on goal then it's a red card for denying a goalscoring opportunity. It's a shame as it was just outside the box so it would have been a yellow and a penna instead.

Logon or register to see this image

The faster version shows it even clearer for me as you can see the Barcelona player's stride is affected considerably due to the impact.

Last edited:
This shit is so boring. From top down the same f***ing crying about referees every single game. They need to start destroying managers who come out with this.
It's baffling at times as that simple gif is enough to show it was a foul so if anything the ref did well to spot it. But again, there is an advantage of seeing stuff in real-time as slow-mo replays often don't show 'force' involved.

Whereas that sped up gif I just hoyed up is clear to a blind man in my opinion that the Barcelona player's knee smacks into the PSG player's thigh given how the Barcelona player's full stride is affected considerably and his leg deflects away, even with the impact going through his leg as shown in the slower gif.

@FootballFan what do you reckon of it now I've hoyed the gif up above?

Last edited:
It's baffling at times as that simple gif is enough to show it was a foul so if anything the ref did well to spot it. But again, there is an advantage of seeing stuff in real-time as slow-mo replays often don't show 'force' involved.

Whereas that sped up gif I just hoyed up is clear to a blind man in my opinion that the Barcelona player's knee smacks into the PSG player's thigh given how the Barcelona player's full stride is affected considerably and his leg deflects away, even with the impact going through his leg as shown in the slower gif.

First instance is to get an independent panel to review all these big incidents and if the decision is approved they should punish these managers severely. It needs to stop.

Now I've seen it again, it's a clear foul for me as he's clipped the PSG player. Slow motion takes away the force but you can see the Barcelona player's left knee/lower thigh hits the back of the PSG player's thigh with some force as you see the deflection of the Barcelona player's leg as it changes direction and the way the impact travels back through his leg.

Given the PSG player was in on goal then it's a red card for denying a goalscoring opportunity. It's a shame as it was just outside the box so it would have been a yellow and a penna instead.

The faster version shows it even clearer for me as you can see the Barcelona player's stride is affected considerably due to the impact.

It’s certainly not a hill I’m willing to die on mate.

I couldn't edit this post to mention the Barcelona player's left foot also clips the PSG player's calf. This is after the initial impact of knee to thigh as you see his boot direction change dramatically. Foul all day long and red card correct decision.

You've never played football if you think thats a foul.

Phew, some strong opinions on here. Unfortunately for the game the red card was correct, it's a pity that it couldn't be a yellow and a penalty.
I thought the penalty that was given was wrong. The Barca player was totally in control and diverted the ball at 90 degrees to the direction it was going. He caught ball and player at the same time.

Back