Barbados roll call .....

Few things announced today. Anyone know if you have to be a BA member to get into their events. Not arsed about their general drinking sessions, we'll do our own thing, but their evening with Harmy and Tino Best on the Saturday sounds up my street.

The doo with Prior and the Trumpeter is a tenner according to their ad today. Sounds about right as thinking about it there's always a charity donation.

Worth it for a different night out imo. Harbour Lights is a dead good club on the other nights btw.

The doo with Prior and the Trumpeter is a tenner according to their ad today. Sounds about right as thinking about it there's always a charity donation.

Worth it for a different night out imo. Harbour Lights is a dead good club on the other nights btw.
Aye that place is definitelyon out list mate. Lot of people mention it as a must do. Definitely will do the Prior and Harmy nights but will give that tosser Gough a miss.

It is true! Didn't know he was a cricket fan like.

Staying in the Gap. Cheap and cheerful digs at a place called Time Out. Got a Yorkie flag but one of the other lads has got it so fuck knows what if anything he's got written on it. Could be owt knowing him :lol:

Even funnier is Brucie deciding that watching the cricket is more important than managing the Wendies :lol:

Stayed there a few years ago, it was getting a few new rooms added on. Theres a local cricket club right out side the building. Even the kids looked fast:lol:.
About 100 yds from the beach and plenty of night life.

How much does accommodation and stuff cost there?

Accommodation was about £350 for 7 days 3 star for me. Beer and food was quite cheap, usually about a quid a bottle or two quid for a rum punch. 10 Bajan dollars for 3 beers in the ground went up to 12 half through the first day. Taxis were expensive but the reggae buses were a flat 70p fare to gan anywhere along its route.

I can remember buying a round in a bar for 7 and it coming to 16 quid equivalent. I felt ripped off!

The Gap is quality. Some good clubs down the coast too, built on the beaches.

Barmy Army have a private FB group set up for it now. Generally worth joining.

Thowt The Gap was a bit overrated. A few bars had closed cos of the financial meltdown and Hals Car Yard was a bit seedy.

Would recommend doing a day at The Boatyard and then doing a rum shack crawl back to Hastings/Worthing.

Last edited:
Reggae buses, :lol::lol:
We went to the bank to get more money changed and jumped on one of these coming back.,it took us half round the island and dropped us off about 20 yards where we got on. :lol:

Back