Bands you like which make you more elite

This is the song that set me down the TPF-Senor Pussycat Road. The bicycle thieves style video was on the telly in the early 80s.......bought the single....from across the kitchen table.........saw Shack at KT T&C Club when gig finished and lights came on the bloke I’d been standing next to turned out to be Mick Jones......The Strands........Adios Señor Pussycat.
He’s been on a similar trip as Paul Weller. Only without the sales, fame, money and success.

Before digital music it was easy to judge people by their music collection.

Anyone with about 15 c.d's including, lighthouse family, Robbie Williams and dido was beneath me.

You slept with people who liked the Lighthouse Family, Robbie Williams, and Dido?;)

Did she sing Let Me entertain You?

Roxy Music , end of . Being a Roxy fan in the early 70’s made you feel very elite.

Loved their early 70s stuff then and love it still. I’ve had an early 70s Roxy playlist permanently on my phone for years now. The only one that never gets changed. Tracks from the first 4 albums plus LITD, BEB & the title track from Manifesto. Everything else after borders on Partridge territory...

Julian Cope used to wax lyrical about Love about 40 years ago - they were usually the next band you moved on to after you got bored with the Doors
Great stuff when you first hear but music to squeeze zits to in reality
Givower man. Like all bands they had peaks n troughs but a Love playlist is as good as any ever made. You’ve a point with The Doors mind...

It’s a Neil Young song. That’s why you’ll know it. They mostly did their own stuff. Like this.
The version I know doesn't sound like it was done by neil young ( not disputing the fact though). I went out with someone who played music like hookfoot's. I wonder if australian crawl did a version too? I'll have to look.

Aye, never been that into Love but watched an interview with Michael Head talking about Arthur Lee & it made me want to find out more about him. Any good books recomdentions would be good.

There’s a “Love Story” dvd that’s highly amusing and always available on eBay. They were absolute fuckin loons. Two got arrested for robbing doughnut stalls to feed their habits iirc. They lived in a big old house in the Hollywood Hills and wouldn’t tour at their peak because the drugs n easy sex may not be available out on the road to the extent it was in LA. I’ve the original cinema quad poster for it acquired by a mate on the fillum s release at the cost of a couple of pints. People ask for £100+ for it on eBay. It’s not even pleasant to look at.

There’s a couple of big books but I’ve Nivver seen em cheap enough to be tempted. I’ve one by Barney Hoskyns iirc that’s in a rock band or album series which is very small in content. There’s also iirc one in the 33&1/3 series. Love are awkwRd to search for on tinternet without putting Arthur lee in anarl. Their fanzine goes for a fiver on eBay!

There’s a “Love Story” dvd that’s highly amusing and always available on eBay. They were absolute fuckin loons. Two got arrested for robbing doughnut stalls to feed their habits iirc. They lived in a big old house in the Hollywood Hills and wouldn’t tour at their peak because the drugs n easy sex may not be available out on the road to the extent it was in LA. I’ve the original cinema quad poster for it acquired by a mate on the fillum s release at the cost of a couple of pints. People ask for £100+ for it on eBay. It’s not even pleasant to look at.

There’s a couple of big books but I’ve Nivver seen em cheap enough to be tempted. I’ve one by Barney Hoskyns iirc that’s in a rock band or album series which is very small in content. There’s also iirc one in the 33&1/3 series. Love are awkwRd to search for on tinternet without putting Arthur lee in anarl. Their fanzine goes for a fiver on eBay!
Did you ever come across a band called Spirit from the same era ?

I’ve heard one album many years ago. Dreams of Dr Sausage. Iirc it didn’t grab me but it may do if heard again.
I got into them for a little while when I was getting into Love - they 're an acquired taste but not unpleasant to listen to - if you like that kind of music then their early stuff is maybe worth a listen again

Back