Ballast Point Beers

Status
Not open for further replies.

__howdy__

Striker
I bought a random selection of beers last week. One of which being an IPA from this brewery.

It was so awful I had to pour it away after a couple of sips. It tasted like fish.

The point of this post however, is that I googled it, and apparently it was meant to taste like fish.

Why would anyone want this?

I bought a random selection of beers last week. One of which being an IPA from this brewery.

It was so awful I had to pour it away after a couple of sips. It tasted like fish.

The point of this post however, is that I googled it, and apparently it was meant to taste like fish.

Why would anyone want this?

Well thats a new one. I've had a couple of chili beers that were revolting, but fish?

:lol:

Well thats a new one. I've had a couple of chili beers that were revolting, but fish?

:lol:

I'm very open to trying new types of beers. I'm quite partial to sour fruit ales which definitely wouldn't be top of everyones list. This was just a random purchase because it had a fancy looking can.

This was the offending beer btw.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
I had a craft beer in Spain once that was brewed with sea water, it f***ing tasted like it as well. Rancid.
That would be a Gose - an old beer style that’s been brewed by the Germans for about 700 years and was specifically exempted from Reinheitsgebot due to its geographical and historical relevance.

Last edited:
That would be a Gose - an old beer style that’s been brewed by the Germans for about 700 years.

Na, it wasn't a gose. Gose is more a specific style. Had loads of them when they became popular again a year or so ago.

This was just a blonde/pale beer brewed with sea water. - RateBeer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back