Ballard

I think he is a good Championship player. Don't think he is quite good enough for the Prem now but in 2 or 3 years, with more experience, possibly.

Every player did well last night and I agree with your view on Dodds.

You can only play the players/team in front of you, and he would soon calm down against better players once he played them week in week out. There is nothing wrong with physically commanding forwards… Iam glad someone in the team does!

Aye, they did - but you were the one who said he was “the main reason” we got a draw.
You were doing well until the Dan Neil comment. Ballard competes and doesn't give up. The basic requirements of a footballer

I’ll sign up for the Dan Neil is better than Ballard position too.

He is.

Every player did well last night and I agree with your view on Dodds.

You can only play the players/team in front of you, and he would soon calm down against better players once he played them week in week out. There is nothing wrong with physically commanding forwards… Iam glad someone in the team does!

definately. it rattles the sh*t out of softer characters, let the sods know you are there.

ha its crackers how is still gets mentioned like

he never even played there for us, he had like a 10 game under Neil and that has been almost it since the day he signed!

His position is centre back, its his natural position, he has now played the majority of his senior career there

Love Ballard but not totally convinced he is a PL starter for anyone other than a relegation battle team

I have my reservations but I think some one may take a punt on him. He could do well at Everton but whether they have the funds for the figure we’d be asking for, who knows.

He’s very good at this level but needs someone similar alongside him , IMO
I’ve said this all season. Not just about Ballard, but a couple others like Dan Neil and Trai Hume . A couple of half decent experienced pros would have a huge positive impact on this team. Our lads are good in their own right, but they’d only be better alongside someone of decent ability and with a few seasons experience of this and/or the premier league. On positioning, when to push forward; when to sit tight, keeping an offside line. When and how to “play” a ref. How to dig in when we’re under the cosh in games. These lads have played a stack of games for us now but it’s that extra 5% in their performance and development they’d get over a season from playing alongside a seasoned pro or two of decent quality.

Ballard is a very good championship defender and I'm convinced he gets into at least 10 premier league teams . Nowt wrong with being a bottom half premier league defender.

I have my reservations but I think some one may take a punt on him. He could do well at Everton but whether they have the funds for the figure we’d be asking for, who knows.

He's awy off the 2 they ave at the min I'd say
Ballard is a very good championship defender and I'm convinced he gets into at least 10 premier league teams . Nowt wrong with being a bottom half premier league defender.

10??!?

who?

Doesn't get in Palace or Everton for starters does he.

Massively not looking at who actually plays for these sides.

Last edited:
He's awy off the 2 they ave at the min I'd say

10??!?

who?

Doesn't get in Palace or Everton for starters does he.

Massively not looking at who actually plays for these sides.

Do I think he could get into palaces back 5? Yes I do. And if you're going to tell me he's nowhere near the quality of Joel Ward then good for you.

Do I think he could challenge to get into Everton's back 4? Absolutely got the attributes to be challenging yes.

You're widely known for not being able to have debates with so this is utterly pointless.

Do I think he could get into palaces back 5? Yes I do. And if you're going to tell me he's nowhere near the quality of Joel Ward then good for you.

Do I think he could challenge to get into Everton's back 4? Absolutely got the attributes to be challenging yes.

You're widely known for not being able to have debates with so this is utterly pointless.

Joel Ward is a right back. They’ve had injuries

There’s absolutely no way he’s better than palaces 2 center backs.

I was expecting another thread slagging off 18 year old jobe last night. Great debate.
Saying Ballard gets in “at least” 10 premier league times is pretty crackers like

Joel Ward is a right back. They’ve had injuries

There’s absolutely no way he’s better than palaces 2 center backs.

I was expecting another thread slagging off 18 year old jobe last night. Great debate.
Saying Ballard gets in “at least” 10 premier league times is pretty crackers like

Nobody said he was better than Palace's best CBs. But they play a back 5. So there's three CBs and Ballard would be good enough to get into it .

Nowt to do with Jobe. we're on about Ballard here.

But I believe he'd get into Luton, Burnley, Sheff Utd, Brentford, Everton, Forest, Bournemouth, Fulham, Potentially Wolves. All about opinions pal and I rate Ballard more highly than you do.

Last edited:
Nobody said he was better than Palace's best CBs. But they play a back 5. So there's three CBs and Ballard would be good enough to get into it .

Nowt to do with Jobe. we're on about Ballard here.

But I believe he'd get into Luton, Burnley, Sheff Utd, Brentford, Everton, Forest, Bournemouth, Fulham, Potentially Wolves. All about opinions pal and I rate Ballard more highly than you do.

They’re playing back 5 as they have injuries they don’t usually ever

It’s not about how highly I rate Ballard at all incorrect, it’s you just not checking who actually plays from premier league teams that’s all.

They’re playing back 5 as they have injuries they don’t usually ever

It’s not about how highly I rate Ballard at all incorrect, it’s you just not checking who actually plays from premier league teams that’s all.

I know who plays for what teams and they played a back 5 even with their two best CBs. Anderson and Ghuei play in a back 5 when fit.

Aye I’m sure people on here seem to think you’re only good enough if you play for one of the top sides and don’t think it’s plausible a team like Brentford can afford to take our best players.

Aye I’m sure people on here seem to think you’re only good enough if you play for one of the top sides and don’t think it’s plausible a team like Brentford can afford to take our best players.

Don't understand it me . As sad as the situation is, Brentford are a far more attractive proposition than us these days. Hopefully not for long once KLD puts his money where his mouth is 😎

I think Ballard would get into the vast majority of bottom 10 teams in the premier league and I'm instantly shut down as clueless even though I watch premier league footie every weekend.

Back