Balearic and Canary Islands

SAFCTEES

Central Defender
These places must be absolutely ruined with zero tourism. I imagine most of the locals will have jobs relating to tourism, especially in the summer months. How on earth are they managing to survive?

Before we emigrated the K family would often visit the Spanish islands. Our favourite was Mallorca, closely followed by Ibiza. If we ever decided to move back to Europe then they would both be considered as possible places to live.

I think they're holding back with the green list changes until the start of July with a view to getting people away in the 6 weeks and after.

I even looked at Centre Parks ... fully booked for the whole 6 weeks
Butlins £1600 a week self catering ... f*** right off
Or
A caravan somewhere down south £1000 a week plus overcharged onsite shops and bars

Costa del back garden for me again then.

Was in Lanzarote in December, PDC etc was like a ghost town.
I imagine most tourists hotshots will be like that now. Many won't recover
I think they're holding back with the green list changes until the start of July with a view to getting people away in the 6 weeks and after.

Or
A caravan somewhere down south £1000 a week plus overcharged onsite shops and bars

£1600 is ridiculous. The great British summer eh...

Or

Aye - if I can’t get abroad. , I d rather sit at home rather than pay rip off U.K. prices.

Must admit I’ve booked not yet but it’s my Anniversary during the summer a fairly big one
Might slum it in SR6 this year and spoil the wife next year to Cresswell Towers again

I imagine most tourists hotshots will be like that now. Many won't recover

Funnily enough over in famara where I stay it was rammed with surfers who generally don't give a f@ck, which probably explains why I picked up covid there when the pandemic kicked off.

It was sickening seeing how dead it was over the other side though, hard times.

Or

The U.K. is miserable if the weather is bad, if the weather is good there isn’t a better place in the U.K. than my back garden. It’s a foreign holiday for me or nothing.

I am missing the wonderful sights like some drunk scouse lass trying to entice you into a run down bar in Veronicas with the prospect of "banging tunes and half price cocktails"

Back