Bairstow dropped

The twisty ginger pissbiscuit is dropped. Rejoice!

Wouldn't take long to realise you support Surrey like :lol:

A man who wanted someone averaging 25 in the test side, I'll always remember that next time you want anyone dropping from the test side. they'll have to be averaging considerably less than than 25 at test level to fit your selection criteria.
They’re just there as backup I guess. Better taking some young’uns to have a look at than someone like Craig Overton.

Agreed, think there are better 4 day young spinners than Parkinson mind.

Quite surprised at the two Lancs call ups TBH, seems a bit early for them. Further blows the myth that Div 2 players don't get call ups.

Also thought Livingstone might be in with a shout after he came back from injury and scored buckets.

Anyone who hasn't seen Matt Parkinson bat is in for a treat. :lol:

Any reason Ali not in the T20 squad? strange one that like, he is a gun player there
I don't agree with the treatment of Ali since getting dropped from England sides this season but I have a gut feeling he has got a job on to get back in. I don't think just performing in county cricket will be enough. I reckon they may give a few a go before they go back to him.

Consistent performances in T20 leagues are the best route to test selection as Matt Parkinson has shown after two incredible seasons in The Blast.

It’s tough on Ben Foakes but I’m sure if he can get a Big Bash contract then the door to the test team won’t stay closed for long.

From Ed Smith on twitter

Back