Azeem Rafiq

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mickey

If Andrew Gale fails a fitness test tomorrow, Rafiq will become the first Asian to skipper Yorkshire as well as the youngest player. Not a bad opportunity for a lad whose county career (ironically in a T20 game against Durham) started so dreadfully.

If Andrew Gale fails a fitness test tomorrow, Rafiq will become the first Asian to skipper Yorkshire as well as the youngest player. Not a bad opportunity for a lad whose county career (ironically in a T20 game against Durham) started so dreadfully.

I was at that game. What a f***ing farce that was.

Wasn't he ineligible and Yorkshire got deducted points/disqualified or something?

Aye everyone was at the ground waiting for the game, match was on Sky. My marra phoned me to say the game had been cancelled but nothing was announced at the ground for ages.

I think Yorkshire got hoyed out and replaced by someone else.

Wasn't registered with the ECB, a strange fact given that he was captain of the England Under 17's at the time. :eek:

Yeah, remember that, that's some going

Has he done something else to make the news since then? Getting dropped or fined for being naughty. Or am I making that up?

Edit:
"Rafiq was captain for the England U-19 squad in the 2010 World Cup,[7] but was dropped for the second England Under-19 Test against Sri Lanka for breaking mid-match curfews; he responded by publishing a strongly worded attack against coach John Abrahams on his Twitter account, deleting them once he realised they were made public.[8] On 26 July 2010, he was rightly given a one month ban from all cricket by the ECB.[9]"

Hope he's learnt to be a bit more diplomatic :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah, remember that, that's some going

Has he done something else to make the news since then? Getting dropped or fined for being naughty. Or am I making that up?

Twitter. Tweeted that the Under 19 manager was a twat for dropping him from the side. :lol:

Got a fine and ban from both the ECB and Yorkshire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back