**Australian Big Bash**

About 9,000 there in a 50,000+ stadium too. Every T20 league seems to be either stagnating or complete shite nowadays.

They all make the same mistake. Hit on a winning formula, get excited, chase more money by expanding it then kill the buzz they once had.

The T20 Cup did this in the mid-2000s and the rest have followed since. Mind an expansion to the Hundred via two new franchises might actually be a good thing and buck this trend.

Mrs K and me are off to see Perth Scorchers v Melbourne Renegades on Boxing Day at Optus Stadium. Well assuming I’m not working. Probably getting seconded to a new team tomorrow so hoping I’m not.

They all make the same mistake. Hit on a winning formula, get excited, chase more money by expanding it then kill the buzz they once had.

The T20 Cup did this in the mid-2000s and the rest have followed since. Mind an expansion to the Hundred via two new franchises might actually be a good thing and buck this trend.
Spot on! We killed it here after about 3 years.

Bit of a reach to blame the format when low crowds could be explained by the Australian government's strict Covid measures.

Back