Australia T20 Big Bash League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Today's game has been crap like

Wasn't the best. Brother had a membership last year for melbourne stars, but he didn't bother this year. He's going to the melbourne derby in a couple of days time at the MCG, only $20

the standard of our own domestic version compared to the majority of the others around the world leave a lot to be desired, which probably ties into why we perform so abysmaly in the Champions League

If people gave a fuck in England to turn up to games and sell out grounds it'd be considered as exciting as anywhere. Unfortunately in England Footy's the number one sport therefore cricket will never match its potential.

If people gave a fuck in England to turn up to games and sell out grounds it'd be considered as exciting as anywhere. Unfortunately in England Footy's the number one sport therefore cricket will never match its potential.

If cricket was on terrestrial TV and they put the prices down to a sensible level (tenner or less) the crowds would be excellent IMO.

Warney v Marlon Samuels :lol:
Telling him to fuck off and having a right go live on TV

Warne is being a proper dick here like...

Samuels should have wrapped the bat around his head.

Just switched it on to see Samuels hoying his bat around :lol:

Might have to watch this more often!

Samuels eye socket was damaged by that ball and will miss the rest of the tournament.

He might have had to miss some of it anyway. Along with Warne.

If cricket was on terrestrial TV and they put the prices down to a sensible level (tenner or less) the crowds would be excellent IMO.

Cost my brother $20 to watch that Melbourne derby today at the MCG (About £13). It was costing £20 on the day to watch Durham in T20 last year. Says a lot

The 20/20 needs over hauling it first needs less teams thus we would get better quality games and better players playing with each other, basically getting rid of the Muchalls from the 20/20's. Maximum of 3 overseas players bought for the month.

My idea would be to make less teams and make it into uk area teams

This would mean the following counties joining up with each other which should help with crowds. They would have to either share home games or come to an agreement where games where to be played. This would make for better viewing and sell to sky/terestrial tv as the whole comp could be telivised. No city names etc as it stops the football mentality coming in

1.North East - Durham
2.North West - Lancashire
3.Yorkshire - Yorkshire
4.East Midilands - Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire,Leicestershire
5.West Midilands - Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Northamptonshire
6.Wales - Glamorgan
7.East - essex, Kent
8.South west - Glostershire, Somerset
9.south East - Hampshire, Sussex,
10. London - Middlesex, surrey

All counties are given an equal share of the profits and a wage cap put on so all teams compete at the same level this is so no teams that have had to join up with other counties are then not losing out.

All players would be free to join any team and does not dictate who ever they play for at county level

11 games a week across 7 days all televised on tv.
The comp would last a month with the winner coming from the top four finals day.

The 20/20 needs over hauling it first needs less teams thus we would get better quality games and better players playing with each other, basically getting rid of the Muchalls from the 20/20's. Maximum of 3 overseas players bought for the month.

My idea would be to make less teams and make it into uk area teams

This would mean the following counties joining up with each other which should help with crowds. They would have to either share home games or come to an agreement where games where to be played. This would make for better viewing and sell to sky/terestrial tv as the whole comp could be telivised. No city names etc as it stops the football mentality coming in

1.North East - Durham
2.North West - Lancashire
3.Yorkshire - Yorkshire
4.East Midilands - Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire,Leicestershire
5.West Midilands - Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Northamptonshire
6.Wales - Glamorgan
7.East - essex, Kent
8.South west - Glostershire, Somerset
9.south East - Hampshire, Sussex,
10. London - Middlesex, surrey

All counties are given an equal share of the profits and a wage cap put on so all teams compete at the same level this is so no teams that have had to join up with other counties are then not losing out.

All players would be free to join any team and does not dictate who ever they play for at county level

11 games a week across 7 days all televised on tv.
The comp would last a month with the winner coming from the top four finals day.
Good ideas there. Well thought out.

I think the 18 counties is fine and the new Friday night format is really good. The problem is that only a fraction of the public is aware of it because it isn't on proper telly. The papers barely cover it these days for that reason too.

Also the casual observer who fancies a night on the drink won't pay £20.

i think the players bats should when they hit a four, also it would be good to see aleen dar's head spin round when a team hits a six.

:-d

I think we will go down the city route in the next few years, although not sure it would get my interest. Lets say Durham ended up joining forces with Yorkshire and/or Lancs. I couldn't think of anything worse than going to Headingley for a home game, and having to get behind a load of players I know very little about.

I would actually prefer to stick with the counties as they are, reduce ticket prices to less than a tenner a game, and go with the Friday night solution (which I think they are to be fair). Not even fussed about overseas players, just want to see a good T20 game for a few quid. If the ground is full on a Friday they will make a killing at the bars anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back