Australia 🇦🇺 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 4th Test - Sydney

Australia XI: Marcus Harris, David Warner, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, Usman Khawaja, Cameron Green, Alex Carey (wk), Pat Cummins (c), Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Scott Boland

England XI: Haseeb Hameed, Zak Crawley, Dawid Malan, Joe Root (c), Ben Stokes, Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler, Mark Wood, Jack Leach, Stuart Broad, Jimmy Anderson

Good batting track, win toss, bat first and hopefully they will lack a bit of intensity and out batsmen can get some runs and confidence.

Fair bit of rain about. Might make it to the 5th day. Then again with our batting the way it is, probably not.
Not surprised Robinson not playing. Looks far from being a fit player the way he's lumbered in the last 2 games.

Last edited:
I normally love watching the test at the SCG, but I'm struggling to find much enthusiasm for tonight. I fear our batting will be blown away again.

Good batting track, win toss, bat first and hopefully they will lack a bit of intensity and out batsmen can get some runs and confidence.
Might be tempted to bowl first given the conditions. Think we’ll be on and off which won’t help our batters at all and the cloud cover could well help our seamers.

Might be tempted to bowl first given the conditions. Think we’ll be on and off which won’t help our batters at all and the cloud cover could well help our seamers.
Aye ive just looked at the forecast and it looks dreadful probably more off than on.

From an individual players point of view would love to see England bat first and Root score a classy Hundred.
It would be s pity if he never scored an Ashes century in Australia.

He’ll still be one of our best six bats when he’s 60 man, plenty of time yet 😉

I think it’s a shame that Oz may never see ‘peak Stokes’ though, as he’ll not be as much of a bowler in four years.

I see Giles is hiding behind the mental health card. I appreciate it's been really difficult for the players, coaches, staff and families but in my view it smacks of him trying to find an excuse that will take a bit of heat off.

I'd have Hussain or Atherton in some position of authority in the ECB. Both talk tons of sense and both were hard as nails. I realise that isn't going to happen because their media obligations will bring much better financial reward.

Sorry, I appreciate that's off topic a bit. Apologies

Back