Aussie Squad For The Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainze

Striker
Michael Clarke (capt), Brad Haddin (vice-capt, wk), David Warner, Ed Cowan, Phillip Hughes, Shane Watson, Usman Khawaja, Chris Rogers, Matthew Wade (wk), James Faulkner, Ryan Harris, Peter Siddle, James Pattinson, Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Jackson Bird.

Wish Pointing and Hussey were playing and Mitchel Johnson.

No real villain, surprised they didn't look at Katich either.

It won't 5-0 , I can see Aussie's pace attack hitting top form for a test.

I don't share the optomism of others regarding the visit of the Aussies. I do think we'll win the series but not 4 or 5-0 as some would suggest. Their batting does look shite, a lot of new names in there, but their bowling unit (or atleast the seamers) look pretty decent and could cause our batsmen problems.

I don't share the optomism of others regarding the visit of the Aussies. I do think we'll win the series but not 4 or 5-0 as some would suggest. Their batting does look shite, a lot of new names in there, but their bowling unit (or atleast the seamers) look pretty decent and could cause our batsmen problems.

Same here mate. Our batting can be flaky and bowlers are in great form. Their pace attack will be a handful altho their batting looks woeful.
Think we will win by a test....2-1?
If swann and/or peiterson aren't 100% fit, I would worry

That said, if they turn up at 1st test undercooked and we smash them, I would expect a 5-0

Smart move to bring back Rogers. Far more solid at the top of the order than Warner Cowan or Hughes. Knows English conditions well after all the county cricket he has played. But the most ordinary squad Australia have brought over here for an Ashes series for a long time.
Swann will be licking his lips at all those lefties at the top of the order.

Smart move to bring back Rogers. Far more solid at the top of the order than Warner Cowan or Hughes. Knows English conditions well after all the county cricket he has played. But the most ordinary squad Australia have brought over here for an Ashes series for a long time.
Swann will be licking his lips at all those lefties at the top of the order.

It could be an interesting mix.

They need people to occupy the crease, or people like Hughes and Co are worthless.

Great bowling attack, if they get used to the conditions and the duke ball they will be a handful injuries aside. Batting is woeful. Warner Cowan and co won't be able to cope with early swing. The fact they brought Haddin back in as vice captain, despite not being able to get in their team the last 18 months speaks volumes for where they're at at the moment

Ryan Harris gets picked then gets injured in the IPL.

Not a good week to be Australian with the name R. Harris.

Great bowling attack, if they get used to the conditions and the duke ball they will be a handful injuries aside. Batting is woeful. Warner Cowan and co won't be able to cope with early swing. The fact they brought Haddin back in as vice captain, despite not being able to get in their team the last 18 months speaks volumes for where they're at at the moment

That bowling attach is decent, for a County side. There's only really Watson whose a great player in the entire squad.

Time to get bullish about this and pummel the twats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back