August 2nd live footy on tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, 80% of the elderly I see won't go out, come hell or high water. They nearly all have signs on their door...Please do not enter, any deliveries leave on the step or in the porch way ,ect. Glad your gardens getting done too,xx.

My Mam isn't keen on going out anywhere either. She only goes to the supermarket late evening when there's hardly anyone in and she pops round to see me.

Good afternoon in an early teatime type early evening type of way. All done, in now, got sorted for tomorrow so quite pleased with it. Just watching @niknak_123 (afternoon pal.) in The Man With The Golden Gun (ITV1.) which reminded me to come on here to say hi....πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹....Great film and Moore was an excellent Bond.

@hank williams , good afternoon, @Stortford , hope it went ok today to pal,🏏🏏🏏 @Rip Van Fish , hope you've had a good day pal, @Wandofaleftpeg , O N-J, she is gorgeous, wish she went to my shool...πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ, @Bonzo, hope the walk was nice, @Kingdom Bhoy, afternoon pal, @T_Bone , nice breaky...πŸ₯™πŸ₯™πŸ₯™,top songs btw, @George Collins , @Butcher's Coat, afternoon chaps, @Musicman , hope the days been ok, rubbish on the nags...again...hope you enjoyed the walk. Yes, he should mind his tongue... @VHFC, afternoon pal, @AndyGray1985, afternoon pal, @Spam Javelin, @janey, hope you've had a nice day, @Mk Mackem, afternoon pal,footy was good, great game, @thecloughywobble, 🎾🎾, interesting that pal, hope you've had a nice weekend, @Johnap, yes the cheek of it...πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, @viccarlton, afternoon pal, you had more views yesterday...πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰, @sismanhatton , hope the days gone well mate, @rubberface , have a good day mate, @EchoMan , afternoon pal, hope your days gone well...Mines done till tomorrow,β›±β›±β›±πŸ˜‰, @cfg , that sounds brilliant,🚁🚁🚁, excellent, @eddtheduck, hope the cocktails went down well pal, @becs, its getting stupid now tbh, I wouldn't be going to work,glad your gardens done,xx, @Dilligaf60, have a good shift later on pal, hope you kippered well.Pleased for them too as well, nice area well, @Wakey ftm in Sussex , done n dusted, couldn't be arsed with it anymore. Hope you're days going well pal.

@oilcat , good stuff pal, hope you've had a nice day, up to now , @Cattach SAFC , @HuffyDuffy , @thamesvalleyman , @WillD , @GlassSlippers , @heroesof73 , @Fred Basset , @robbied1 , afternoon chaps and chappesses, @Snorbens , hope it all went well....and to everyone I've missed...but not on porpoise...Have a great night...β›±β›±β›±β›±.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The government have said they are going to have to close the pubs so they can re-open the schools. Where are we meant to go when we've drop the kids off at school ?

πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“.
Good afternoon in an early teatime type early evening type of way. All done, in now, got sorted for tomorrow so quite pleased with it. Just watching @niknak_123 (afternoon pal.) in The Man With The Golden Gun (ITV1.) which reminded me to come on here to say hi....πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹....Great film and Moore was an excellent Bond.

@hank williams , good afternoon, @Stortford , hope it went ok today to pal,🏏🏏🏏 @Rip Van Fish , hope you've had a good day pal, @Wandofaleftpeg , O N-J, she is gorgeous, wish she went to my shool...πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ, @Bonzo, hope the walk was nice, @Kingdom Bhoy, afternoon pal, @T_Bone , nice breaky...πŸ₯™πŸ₯™πŸ₯™,top songs btw, @George Collins , @Butcher's Coat, afternoon chaps, @Musicman , hope the days been ok, rubbish on the nags...again...hope you enjoyed the walk. Yes, he should mind his tongue... @VHFC, afternoon pal, @AndyGray1985, afternoon pal, @Spam Javelin, @janey, hope you've had a nice day, @Mk Mackem, afternoon pal,footy was good, great game, @thecloughywobble, 🎾🎾, interesting that pal, hope you've had a nice weekend, @Johnap, yes the cheek of it...πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, @viccarlton, afternoon pal, you had more views yesterday...πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰, @sismanhatton , hope the days gone well mate, @rubberface , have a good day mate, @EchoMan , afternoon pal, hope your days gone well...Mines done till tomorrow,β›±β›±β›±πŸ˜‰, @cfg , that sounds brilliant,🚁🚁🚁, excellent, @eddtheduck, hope the cocktails went down well pal, @becs, its getting stupid now tbh, I wouldn't be going to work,glad your gardens done,xx, @Dilligaf60, have a good shift later on pal, hope you kippered well.Pleased for them too as well, nice area well, @Wakey ftm in Sussex , done n dusted, couldn't be arsed with it anymore. Hope you're days going well pal.

@oilcat , good stuff pal, hope you've had a nice day, up to now , @Cattach SAFC , @HuffyDuffy , @thamesvalleyman , @WillD , @GlassSlippers , @heroesof73 , @Fred Basset , @robbied1 , afternoon chaps and chappesses, @Snorbens , hope it all went well....and to everyone I've missed...but not on porpoise...Have a great night...β›±β›±β›±β›±.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The government have said they are going to have to close the pubs so they can re-open the schools. Where are we meant to go when we've drop the kids off at school ?
Evening SFATI. I’ve had a canny day thanks.

Evening SFATI. I’ve had a canny day thanks.

πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“.

Cheers, Score, and good evening. It has been a nice and slow day here.

Good evening, everyone.

Last edited:

Before my time but my headmistress remembered her! WAD

Good evening all. Crocodile meandering over me kip at the minute. Looks hungry.

Had one of those days where it is a gerrin. Had a lesson cancelled for 2pm. Less than 48 hours notice so they get charged and I get paid. Win. Texted customer who was next and asked if they wanted to start early and aye. Ah finish 2 and a half hours earlier. Win. So, here I am now looking at cloud shapes with a belly full of roast chicken dinner. Back of the cloud looks like a dragon. Or a mermaid next day after a madras. Good luck watching Splash after that. In the interests of political correctness on this thread, no mermaids actually emptied their guts after a ruby in the sky above my head. I wasn't showered by Daryl's Madras fueled shit. I'd be...No.🀚

Stay safe, look after yourselves and always carry an umbrella as you never know πŸ‘ 🌈

Which fraudulent solicitor from Leicester was that, MK, marra? There've been a few! Two were selling properties they didn't own, a third was on a stamp duty scam. When he (stamp duty scammer) was on trial, his own barrister hoyed in the towel when invited to mitigate on his client's behalf. He had a crack at suggesting his client was garn through a divorce at the time but this didn't wesh with the judge, who pointed out that the only reason for the "divorce" was that the solicitor was arlriddy married to some bugger else, ha, ha.
It was an Indian solicitor called Ruby, the wife never told me her surname. She bought the small firm of solicitors my wife had worked for in Woburn Sands for 11 years, problems then started....

Mrs.MK was the accounts manager and the new owner started asking for large sums of money from the business account, Mrs. MK became suspicious and alerted the authorities. To cut a long story short, it transpires that she had never paid for the firm. The shit then hit the fan, the firm had all their hard accreditations taken away, hard drives confiscated along with all the financial documents, bank accounts were frozen and 18 people lost their jobs and they had the Law Society crawling all over them for weeks.....

Mrs.MK took it badly as she had worked there from day one and has known the original owner for over 30 years. She felt as if she should have taken action earlier but her old boss hadn't confided that he hadn't recieved payment for the business, so she followed instructions until she started becoming suspicious.

Her old boss has taken Lyn with him to another firm of solicitors and she's been working from home ever since. It's taken its toll on her that's why she wants to go part time and I can't say I blame her marra....Pheww , long winded, my apologies

Still got a bit here in S18

Evening Wando

Mighty fine Squire

Evening R

Good evening

Sure you’d have enjoyed the chicken kebabs with mush, courgette & red onion. Late salad change, glut of runner beans so did a salad wiv em, spicy dressing, rocket & Parmesan shavings + harissa in the chickpea salad, Sauvignon Blanc to wesh it down.
Cheese & Primitivo for afters
βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…

life is shoite πŸ˜„

The bikes are incredible, speed is breathtaking. Helicopter was a one off before I retired, used them a fair bit at work for reliefs, about 1/2 price of what you pay when F1 on. Went to Jerez for MotoGP as well.
I would recommend a trip to Silverstone for racing, we enjoyed going for full weekend, lots to do.

They should have gone for universal basic income for all over 18, they would claw back a fair ammount in tax from those of us who have another source of income
We've been to Silverstone several times for the F1 as Mrs.MK is a real petrol head and it's only 15 miles up the road from us. We've never thought about the MotoGp but when I'm fit enough its something we would definitely consider....

If there is one drink that makes me ill grappa is the boy

having said that Raki does a good job as well

Have you had Feni?

When my parents were on holiday in Goa, Dad was feeling rough with sinusitis. They were on some trip that had stopped to visit a Church but he was starting to struggle. The coach driver told my Mam to go in the Church and he'd sort my Dad out with some medicine. When she came back, he was sitting there grinning like an idiot as they'd given him Feni to make him better πŸ˜‚

It was an Indian solicitor called Ruby, the wife never told me her surname. She bought the small firm of solicitors my wife had worked for in Woburn Sands for 11 years, problems then started....

Mrs.MK was the accounts manager and the new owner started asking for large sums of money from the business account, Mrs. MK became suspicious and alerted the authorities. To cut a long story short, it transpires that she had never paid for the firm. The shit then hit the fan, the firm had all their hard accreditations taken away, hard drives confiscated along with all the financial documents, bank accounts were frozen and 18 people lost their jobs and they had the Law Society crawling all over them for weeks.....

Mrs.MK took it badly as she had worked there from day one and has known the original owner for over 30 years. She felt as if she should have taken action earlier but her old boss hadn't confided that he hadn't recieved payment for the business, so she followed instructions until she started becoming suspicious.

Her old boss has taken Lyn with him to another firm of solicitors and she's been working from home ever since. It's taken its toll on her that's why she wants to go part time and I can't say I blame her marra....Pheww , long winded, my apologies
Not at all, marra. Absolutely no need for any apology whatsoever. It sounds like a living nightmare for your wife.
In my (past life) experience, accounts managers are usually straight as a die (if, occasionally, a bit of a pain, ha, ha) & take any infractions, no matter how minor, to heart. Large scale dishonesty, therefore, is often almost beyond their purview, by which I mean, it is so alien to them that they find it almost impossible to accept, not just morally, but factually. I'm not surprised your wife perhaps feels she's had enough.
Have you had Feni?

When my parents were on holiday in Goa, Dad was feeling rough with sinusitis. They were on some trip that had stopped to visit a Church but he was starting to struggle. The coach driver told my Mam to go in the Church and he'd sort my Dad out with some medicine. When she came back, he was sitting there grinning like an idiot as they'd given him Feni to make him better πŸ˜‚
I've not had Feni, but it sounds interesting. I've had Tuaca (or did it have me?), which is one of those sneaky drinks that's so nice it seduces you into believing it's innocent, when, in fact, it's a very naughty boy.

I'm off on a tangent now. Has anyone read The Art of Travel, by Alain de Botton? Within that book it's a reference to a much earlier book by Xavier de Maistre, A Journey Around My Room. Both are, in my view, quite masterful. Reading them profoundly changed my opinion on many things, not least on travel. Studying Zen philosophy & Japanese culture in general, augmented this reading. Plus, as an added bonus, my old friend & mentor, Blaise Pascal gets more than a passing mention. If any of this might be of any interest (however remote), here's a link (bizarrely, from, of all places, the Financial Times) that might further stimulate the appetite:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back