Auf wiedersehen pet

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's a vicious circle Oz, you go on the drink, spend all your money, then go back to work and do it all again.

Aye, agreed. Hoy, I've got the answer to that, you need a good skinful to cheer you up.

In the later series moxy doesn't stutter, what happened there.
I watched the first two series when they were first out and to be honest I forgot he stuttered. I’m reluctant to watch them again as I f***ing loved them and don’t want to ruin my memories of it by seeing how dated it is.

Been watching them on the Drama channel, series 1 and 2 are still wirth a watch, even if it's been cut a bit (aired at 4.00). On to series 3 now and Jimmy Nail ruined his character. Apparently his ego was a problem while they were making series 2 and he used to insist on his dialogue been changed. I imagine he wanted Oz's character changed to suit his new image as a singer.

I watched the first two series when they were first out and to be honest I forgot he stuttered. I’m reluctant to watch them again as I f***ing loved them and don’t want to ruin my memories of it by seeing how dated it is.
I've watched from s1e2 to e5 tonight. It's still quality.

Dennis and Oz gan to Belgium to watch us Vs standard Liege. Mags gan to sunlun games even back then.

You will remember how fantastic it was. It stands the test of time, fantastic television.
To be honest the first 2 will be worth a watch just for social history purposes.

I've watched from s1e2 to e5 tonight. It's still quality.

Dennis and Oz gan to Belgium to watch us Vs standard Liege. Mags gan to sunlun games even back then.

Was there a Sunderland sticker on the back of a car they were driving somewhere?

Last edited:
I really enjoyed series 1 & 2, but I felt the whole thing dragged on for far too long, and badly lost it's way. (just like Only Fools and Horses)
The whole thing began to fall apart imo, after they'd done the 2nd series, where they worked in Spain.
The dismantling and rebuilding of the Transporter Bridge series 3, in Arizona, as well as the Cuban series 4 were very poor imo.
I didn't even bother watching series 5.

I really enjoyed series 1 & 2, but I felt the whole thing dragged on for far too long, and badly lost it's way. (just like Only Fools and Horses)
The whole thing began to fall apart imo, after they'd done the 2nd series, where they worked in Spain.
The dismantling and rebuilding of the Transporter Bridge series 3, in Arizona, as well as the Cuban series 4 were very poor imo.
I didn't even bother watching series 5.
Series 3 was watchable but the 4th one in Cuba was awful. I think I switched off when Neville the spy had a Man Utd top on and said "forgive me Sir Bobby for I have sinned" :lol::rolleyes:

fuck me 3 pages of posts on a fictional character's stutter/lack of stutter, only the SMB could do this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back