Attendance Thread - Plymouth

These thread always remind me what an incredible support we have at Sunderland. People are (quite rightly) bigging up the Argyle fans for their commitment to traveling the distance to our gaff, but we have very similar sized cities and similar levels of catchment area. Unemployment is similar but we have other football clubs on our doorstep that are attractive propositions for others to support. Our club and our support is unrivaled (in my opinion) for the size of city and catchment. Take Liverpool or Everton - the population of Merseyside is 3x bigger than the whole of County Durham - and they can pull in even more potential support from catchments just outside of Liverpool. Sunderland fans are incredible to do what we do home and away. Mental.

We'd never sell 48,000 tickets a game, if we were doing OK in the Premier League, according to a LOT of the (self loathing) Wags on here....

The ground is far too big.
I think we'd sell out almost every game in the PL if we went up, definitely all the weekend games. I know that hasn't been the case in the past, but we've never had consistent 40k crowds at Championship level at the SoL either. Football crowds are up in general, SAFC included.

Back