Astra Zeneca

Correct decision, for those under 30 who are already skeptical enough about getting a jab for a disease that is unlikely to even cause severe illness let alone death for those in that group with no underlying health issues, the blood clot thing would just be a stick to beat it with, removing that option should help convince more of us to get vaccinated.

Last edited:
Just as I predicted, more of a chance of me dying from the vaccine that due to Covid.

Having said that, both minuscule risks which wouldn’t prevent me from taking my second AZ dose.

under 30s not getting it.

my speculation is now that they will get the Moderna (sp) one now and therefore the 30-50s will still get the AZ jab..... we’ll just have to wait a bit longer

Of course we don't have much data from mass usage of the Moderna vaccine. It could have more common or worse side effects than the AZ one. These sorts of rare effects are only detectable when there are tens of millions of doses done. Clinical trials can't hope to pick them up.

Of course we don't have much data from mass usage of the Moderna vaccine. It could have more common or worse side effects than the AZ one. These sorts of rare effects are only detectable when there are tens of millions of doses done. Clinical trials can't hope to pick them up.

Over one month ago there had been around 35M doses of Moderna vaccination in the USA so there will be plenty of data from over there. Probably well over 50M now.

What's the sort of timeline between having the jab and getting a clot that they are using? Is it same day or within a week or whay?

Back