Aston Villa v Scum ; Sky Sports 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were shocking against wolves in their derby the other week mind. Newcastle offered them fuck all there.
That's not a derby by any stretch.

I like Deano, but lots of football to be played so lets give scorecards in May. I will say however having a manager that actually publically states we are going on the pitch to win whoever we play and we will try to be entertaining. That's some fresh air after the last 7 managers.

Last edited:

2 very poor teams that will be down there come May.

Down where? Villa were not poor last night - Nor have they been for the majority of the season. Furthermore, it looks as if Villa will be spending quite heavily again in January.

We are a new side who are gelling more as every game passes. There is every chance that we could have a strong 2nd half of the season.

Down where? Villa were not poor last night - Nor have they been for the majority of the season. Furthermore, it looks as if Villa will be spending quite heavily again in January.

We are a new side who are gelling more as every game passes. There is every chance that we could have a strong 2nd half of the season.
Exactly whereabouts both teams are now. 13th/14th/15th/16th/17th

Doesnt matter how good or poor you are. Its the points that matter.

Yes.
You are a canny annoying poster but I like Villa at the moment. And I like Grealish. Good, positive football

13 league games and just one goal from a striker - I wonder if this is a record?
Not yet as another 29 to go to match Jozy as you obviously know ;) Though I'd crawl back in your hole given the £40 million per goal/assist from Joelintone has got to be close to a record, if not a record ;)

Hoy in £20m from Almirnone and the £15m odd for Saint-Maxinone, it's still for 1 goal and 1 assist between the 3. In fact, for £75m and 45 league appearances between the 3, they've matched Will Grigg's contribution in 16 league games this season.

Actually NUFC did break a record last night given the extra 3 appearances from the none trio. They beat Jozy's record as he played 42 league games and got 1 goal and 1 assist, plus that was for just £6m odd!

To recap, all 3 together are worse than Jozy overall or Grigg this season and cost over 10 times as much, that's gotta hurt! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not yet as another 29 to go to match Jozy as you obviously know ;) Though I'd crawl back in your hole given the £40 million per goal/assist from Joelintone has got to be close to a record, if not a record ;)

Hoy in £20m from Almirnone and the £15m odd for Saint-Maxinone, it's still for 1 goal and 1 assist between the 3. In fact, for £75m and 45 league appearances between the 3, they've matched Will Grigg's contribution in 16 league games this season.

Actually NUFC did break a record last night given the extra 3 appearances from the none trio. They beat Jozy's record as he played 42 league games and got 1 goal and 1 assist, plus that was for just £6m odd!

To recap, all 3 together are worse than Jozy overall or Grigg this season and cost over 10 times as much, that's gotta hurt! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
But they only spent £10m on the 3 centre halves who have scored 7 goals :lol::lol::lol:

But, but, but, a comparison with Jozy, increased transfer fees etc etc.....

Almirnone, as has been said before, looks like he's won a competition to play. Jur Liptons is awful as a striker.

Exactly whereabouts both teams are now. 13th/14th/15th/16th/17th

Doesnt matter how good or poor you are. Its the points that matter.

Couldn't agree more. However, my point was that Villa are not a poor side. Have a look at the league table. Other than Burnley (who have 5 wins), every team from Wolves in 5th down to Everton in 16th have won 4 games. The league is very tight - 2 wins on the trot and a team will be 5th/6th, including Villa. We have just come through a very tough little run (Man City, Liverpool and Wolves away) Had we had an easier game spread in there somewhere and we could quite easily be in the top half of the table today. Our next 3 (Chelsea & Man U away, Leicester home) will probably see us remain in the bottom group. Once that run is out of the way, there is no reason why we can't start stringing a run together.

He means 1 goal from any of their strikers.

No idea what you're on about. Who is this 'Jozy'?

My point is, that our front 3 have scored one goal between them in 13 league games - beyond depressing.

Every chance you wont aswell. Villa, southampton and Everton will contest the 3rd relegation spot. You dont suddenly become world beaters overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back