Asteroid City. The smb will know

I've seen it and enjoyed it. I do like Wes Anderson films tbh.

It's the story of a play called Asteroid City, wherein the main character (Jason Schwartzman) and his kids go to Asteroid City for a junior scientists awards ceremony as the eldest is a participant. Many others come to town for it and all of the kids participating are geniuses. The town gets locked down by the US gov't/military due to alien activity.

My description isn't great, but that's the basics.

It's the story of a play called Asteroid City, wherein the main character (Jason Schwartzman) and his kids go to Asteroid City for a junior scientists awards ceremony as the eldest is a participant. Many others come to town for it and all of the kids participating are geniuses. The town gets locked down by the US gov't/military due to alien activity.

Good summary.

Personally, I thought it was a Wes Anderson vanity project with nonsensical story lines and no real meaning.

It had as much substance as an egg white omelette.

It’s okay, but you won’t miss much if you give it a miss.

I’m going to have to watch it again as it flew right over my head the first time

Back