Assistance for Flying to Riga Next Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lexingtongue

What would be the cheapest, most pain free way to get there from within the UK next Wednesday? My Yank mate is in Glasgow and wants me to meet him there, but getting up looks like it'll be a right faff on (no insured on my car again yet, so public transport only) which I'm not sure I can be arsed with. If there's an easy way up I'm missing, would appreciate advice as would be nice to fly out with him.

However, if I can find an easier route, I'd take that and meet him over there. He's flying with Ryaniar with baggage only which is what I'd probably be looking to do as well, unless there is a similarly priced offer that is easier to access for me from the Northeast. Anyone flew there before and from where?

Cheers in advance, let me Google that for you, etc. ;)

Metro to Newcastle airport. Newcastle to Dubai. Dubai to Riga.

Although the last leg is via Moscow so that might put you off

As already SEB Ponteland via Amsterdam is the easiest but certainly not the cheapest.

You could go at 8pm on Tuesday night from Doncaster for 23 quid (Wizzair)

Single train ticket to Donny is about 18 quid

Last edited:
Reet, sorted. Ended up going to Glasgow eventually. Got a train ticket from Newcastle for £16. Flights can to under £60 total and get an extra day with my mate who I haven't seen for two years. Thanks for the advice, folks.

Have you looked at flying from Doncaster? Usually loads of cheap flights to eastern Europe with Wizzair including Riga.

Edit: just seen that you are sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back