Asia ODI Cup 2023

Pakistan Vs India today

After a rain delay, Afridi on fire removing Rohit and Rat boy cheaply.

Ha'way lads
India back in front now. Batting well should get well over 300 here.
What a marvellous day if Pakistan can win after that wonderful performance by the lads.

Shaheen is a superb bowler. Decent unit all round at Pakistan.

Batting is very reliant on 4 players mind.

What a marvellous day if Pakistan can win after that wonderful performance by the lads.

Shaheen is a superb bowler. Decent unit all round at Pakistan.

Batting is very reliant on 4 players mind.

Pakistan ended up pulling them back after 1 good partnership to restrict them to well under par 260, which they would be favourites to chase. Bloody rain saved them, would've been the icing on the cake for a total amazing sporting day yesterday 🤣🤣🤣

You're right like their top 4 get most of their runs. Fakar, inzis nephew, Babar and Rizwan. But I saw bits of their number 5 Salman Agha and 6 Iftikar, last series in Sri Lanka both can hold a bat and spin if need be. Added with their bowling attack. They will be dark horses in WC imo. Gorra love the underdog, especially after seeing how the bcci are treating them.

Fuck the bcci🤣🤣🤣
India aren’t eliminated though, are they? That would have been entertaining 😁

No mate, this was just a group game.

The format is 2 groups of 3 round Robin. Then top 2 go into super 4 round Robin then top 2vin final. So theoretically yesterday was 1st match up out of 3 if they both reach the final. Love seeing Kohli cry the sod 🤣

Last edited:
I’ve just read Pakistan go through after a no result

that will hurt india
It's a very contrived format for only 6 teams. They've done it so if Pakistan and India get to the final they will get to play each other 3 times, something that's brings in more money. Sometimes the Asia cup is T20 sometimes 50ov depending on what the BCCI want.

It was an interesting half a game yesterday. Pakistan quicks showed how much better than their own spinners they are. Shame rain curtailed the match would have been nice to see the comparison with Bumrah and co.

Bangla"s doing well against the Afghans today.

It's a very contrived format for only 6 teams. They've done it so if Pakistan and India get to the final they will get to play each other 3 times, something that's brings in more money. Sometimes the Asia cup is T20 sometimes 50ov depending on what the BCCI want.

It was an interesting half a game yesterday. Pakistan quicks showed how much better than their own spinners they are. Shame rain curtailed the match would have been nice to see the comparison with Bumrah and co.

Bangla"s doing well against the Afghans today.

Is there many people in attendance for the matches played in Sri Lanka but not featuring the home team? I don't have the channel they're broadcast on so not really been following.

Is there many people in attendance for the matches played in Sri Lanka but not featuring the home team? I don't have the channel they're broadcast on so not really been following.
Yeah the matches are well attended. I mean India/Pak matches are always going to be aren't they? India are playing Nepal today so we'll see if it just for the big uns, but I don't think so.

The whole tournament is split with Pak and Sri Lanka now. After the 1st round, all matches move to Columbo I think. A bit weird but a requirement of the BCCI before the tournament.

The tournament was supposed to all be in Pakistan. But obviously India refused.

Shame that the rain today isn't going to stop them going through today.
Yeah the matches are well attended. I mean India/Pak matches are always going to be aren't they? India are playing Nepal today so we'll see if it just for the big uns, but I don't think so.

The whole tournament is split with Pak and Sri Lanka now. After the 1st round, all matches move to Columbo I think. A bit weird but a requirement of the BCCI before the tournament.
Indian government more so than the BCCI. India vs Pakistan would be a big money spinner for them.

Pak beat Bangladesh easily
Sri Lanka just beat Afghans

Sri Lanka Bangladesh today.
Pakistan India tomorrow.

I suspect it's actually going to be a India Pak final. Something I think the Asia cup hasn't seen before.

Nah nee way.

There's a reserve day for this match tomorrow though.

Pretty shambolic decision by the ACC (which is run by the BCCI's secretary) to add a reserve day ONLY for India-Pakistan, and for the finals. Apparently Sri Lanka and Bangladesh can eff off. Makes it an uneven playing field. Even people in India and Pakistan agree this is nonsense. Should be reserve days for all or none.

Pretty shambolic decision by the ACC (which is run by the BCCI's secretary) to add a reserve day ONLY for India-Pakistan, and for the finals. Apparently Sri Lanka and Bangladesh can eff off. Makes it an uneven playing field. Even people in India and Pakistan agree this is nonsense. Should be reserve days for all or none.
Yeah, it's more than a bit strange. Nothing that the BCCI do, surprises me though.
Paks getting a spanking. Lacklustre with the ball as bat.

Last edited:

Back