Ashes tickets

The Rat

Striker
sorry if seb, but is it too late to get ashes tickets for any venues?

Presuming lords n oval be sold out, although already going. but was hoping maybe Leeds. Need to see me fatha this summer so thought perfect chance

So many come up for 2nd hand sale?

I know the Oval ticket sales on days 4/5 weren't great because the ECB massively overpriced the tickets, so might be worth a look on the Surrey site mate.

Presuming lords n oval be sold out, although already going. but was hoping maybe Leeds. Need to see me fatha this summer so thought perfect chance

Day 4 at Headingley is on sale

Get Seats!

Only worth considering days 1-4 , even day 4 is a push because the tests are over so quickly these days. Can’t wait tho, love the Ashes. Remember 1981 when I was a kid, it was magical.

I know old Trafford didn't sell out straight away and had tickets available for most days when I looked a 3ish months back. But available tickets were over a 100 quid each so no way was I paying that.

Ticket prices are a joke for WC and ashes. Be back to less than 30 quid next year when nobody is arsed about windies or Pakistan.

Iv been to a few ODI's at headingley really enjoyed it so this will be ten times better, i was ill last time and dad was time before so hopefully we do are ok il be interested to see who archer replaces.
I went to see England v Pakistan at the Oval in 1996. Saeed Anwar scored a big ton so I was lucky to see that. But I saw Sir Geoff Boycott and shouted ‘hi!’ to him and he said, as Yorkshire as can be, “ayah lad!”. I was made up. Some people meet celebrities, royalty, but that was a dream come true for me.

Yeah nothing available until day 4 anyway, my own fault like

Can't see how can get any remotely cheap 2nd hand tickets either

Paid £80 for day one at Durham a few year back and that was expensive in my opinion. Day 5 was £20 but exchanged that for a T20 England Vs Australia ticket so that didn't work out too badly. I'd not dream of paying the sort of prices now though, hideous ££. £120-£135, to sit in Headingley is shocking

Last edited:
Paid £80 for day one at Durham a few year back and that was expensive in my opinion. Day 5 was £20 but exchanged that for a T20 England Vs Australia ticket so that didn't work out too badly. I'd not dream of paying the sort of prices now though, hideous ££. £120-£135, to sit in Headingley is shocking

Yeah 80 a day I paid for first 4 days

It’s the best sporting event I’ve ever been too. I’d have paid a lot more

Ashes win at my home town sat with me fatha, broad bowls then out late on the 4th day to win thr ashes

Only get better if Sunderland win the league and I’m there

120 is that the base price now? That’s shocking

Guess people pay it

Really wanna go

Yeah 80 a day I paid for first 4 days

It’s the best sporting event I’ve ever been too. I’d have paid a lot more

Ashes win at my home town sat with me fatha, broad bowls then out late on the 4th day to win thr ashes

Only get better if Sunderland win the league and I’m there

120 is that the base price now? That’s shocking

Guess people pay it

Really wanna go
Pretty sure i paid a bit less im going first day headingley

I know old Trafford didn't sell out straight away and had tickets available for most days when I looked a 3ish months back. But available tickets were over a 100 quid each so no way was I paying that.

Ticket prices are a joke for WC and ashes. Be back to less than 30 quid next year when nobody is arsed about windies or Pakistan.
Christ, I didn't know some Old Trafford tickets were that much! Paid £60 for OT and I think £85 for the Oval.

I went to see England v Pakistan at the Oval in 1996. Saeed Anwar scored a big ton so I was lucky to see that. But I saw Sir Geoff Boycott and shouted ‘hi!’ to him and he said, as Yorkshire as can be, “ayah lad!”. I was made up. Some people meet celebrities, royalty, but that was a dream come true for me.
My dad in the 80s asked Geoffrey for an autograph. Boys went aye lad, bring my bags up to the changing room for me and I'll sign your scorecard. So my old man dragged his luggage upstairs, got to the dressing room... Boycs went "cheers lad" and just shut the door on him :lol:

Last edited:

Back