Ashes predictions (only)

Because Australia arent much better. India have just beaten them recently.

Usually the same pessimists who said that England wouldnt get out the group stage at the Euros, even when they did it was always well the Germans ALWAYS beat us so we have no chance of progressing etc. Theres seems a thing with some england fans in sport to always predict doom and gloom, I dont know whether its people trying to reverse jinx things.

I mean its not unreasonable to suggest england might get thrashed, theyve lost 5-0 and 4-0 the last two times, but I think it will be closer this time, Roots in form, Stokes is back. After Smith and Labaschagne, Australia's batting lineup is about as rotten as England's. I think it will depend on whether they can keep Warner down, because if they can remove him early most of the time like in England it will put pressure on the Aussie middle order.

For me

2-2
Root
Broad
Smith
Cummins
Sharpshoot the messenger.

You can get odds as low as 5/1 on England getting whitewashed 5-0. Why don't you email the bookies and tell them they're pessimists?

If we were playing Australia at fifty over, or even T20, I'd back us to win.

1. Series score. 5-0 Australia.
2. Top English bat. Root
3. Top English bowler. Robinson
4. Top Aussie bat. Smith
5. Top Aussie bowler. Hazelwood.

We are rotten as a test team. Can't believe people think we'll win a match
For me I think the first test might be a weather affected draw. 2nd test is a day-night'er which I think offers us a decent chance of a win, I think our bowlers may give them more problems under the lights. So it wouldn't surprise me to see us 1 up after 2 tests with the Aussies coming back thereafter.

For me I think the first test might be a weather affected draw. 2nd test is a day-night'er which I think offers us a decent chance of a win, I think our bowlers may give them more problems under the lights. So it wouldn't surprise me to see us 1 up after 2 tests with the Aussies coming back thereafter.
Well let's hope Root doesn't screw up the toss decision like last time.

Starts in just over a week on the 8th December.
1. Series score. 4-0 Australia.
2. Top English bat. Root
3. Top English bowler. Woakes
4. Top Aussie bat. Labuschange
5. Top Aussie bowler. Hazelwood.

1: 2-2
2: Malan
3: Robinson
4: Labuschange
5: Hazlewood

Given Anderson is set to miss the 1st test and has said hes targeting playing 3 tests. Does anyone want to change their prediction for leading English wicket taker (for those with Jimmy)

Back