Ashes 5 test - The Oval

Bored of the sky wankathon over the premier league

Bored of league one small time

Cricket is just better.

They were better than I thought they would be

Although throughout foake’s hundred mark Nicholas called him stokes about 50 times
Premier league’s just the same shite every year these days, proper boring when you already know at least 6 of the positions in the table.

Cricket gets far better coverage than football too. Hussain, Atherton and Ponting proper knowledgeable and are miles better than the pundits who talk shite about football and just argue over each other.

Thank you England for a great summer. Bring on the winter tour.

On a side note, before this summer, I'd never listened to TMS. With not having access to SKY, I've had no choice. Now I want to know why I haven't listened to TMS before.
TMS is worth the license fee alone.
That was a great end to a great summer.

I think gower is off to TMS
Hope so, I imagine he will have Boycotts life on air, much like Agnew does.
Class pick that, the blonde lass looks game as fuck.
TalkSPORT have this winter's coverage mate ;)
A crying shame, I'll watch it instead I reckon.

Last edited:
Ah ok hope so marra, he’s quality broadcaster

Yes Durham promotion and a good t20 finals day

Then on to the winter tours

Cricket over the summer always a constant like

Cricket was always a constant when I was kid too, it was football in the football season and cricket in the cricket season,

Problem is nowadays for the youngsters of today the 8 to 12 year olds it’s just football football.

Don’t mind the fact they is organised leagues for the football for this age, but worst thing is it goes on all year.

A lot of kids football now has summer leagues meaning a lot will never become interested in cricket.

Cricket was always a constant when I was kid too, it was football in the football season and cricket in the cricket season,

Problem is nowadays for the youngsters of today the 8 to 12 year olds it’s just football football.

Don’t mind the fact they is organised leagues for the football for this age, but worst thing is it goes on all year.

A lot of kids football now has summer leagues meaning a lot will never become interested in cricket.
Think this is a big problem for cricket. My 2 lads play both sports. Eldest is 12 now and they play a normal footy season but from ages 6-11 they both played Russel foster and pinpoint footy in summer leagues Saturday and Sunday. Constantly having to pick between the sports was hard. My youngest is 10 and still has a summer league on a Saturday but we pulled him out of his Sunday team to play cricket. He’s a better cricketer than footballer anyway and it’s a much nicer sport to watch as a parent

Think this is a big problem for cricket. My 2 lads play both sports. Eldest is 12 now and they play a normal footy season but from ages 6-11 they both played Russel foster and pinpoint footy in summer leagues Saturday and Sunday. Constantly having to pick between the sports was hard. My youngest is 10 and still has a summer league on a Saturday but we pulled him out of his Sunday team to play cricket. He’s a better cricketer than footballer anyway and it’s a much nicer sport to watch as a parent

Yeah it’s not as if the footy season is not long enough, summer football leagues should be a big no no for me.

Yeah it’s not as if the footy season is not long enough, summer football leagues should be a big no no for me.
Aye, the thing that annoyed me most about kids footy was all the bloody tournaments too. Lost plenty weekends to those.

Hopefully things like the Allstars will help cricket. My lads got into cricket through an u9 league on a Tuesday night in north Durham, south Tyne area. Plastic bat and ball affair but it got them hooked

Back