Ashes 5 test - The Oval

Shame to see Gower and Botham go, too young to have seen them play but always enjoyed listening to their views on the game.
I’m old and saw their whole careers. For Gower think laid back with superb timing and consummate skill, delivered with a class rarely seen

For botham think stokes on steroids. I’m really sad it’s finishing tonight

In all these discussions nobody mentions we would have won at Lords without the rain!
Feels like the end of a long summer this like, what you making of this montage @stephen cartwright getting me bit emotional!
I’ve gone ten mins ago when botham and Gower were chatting in the box

Said it elsewhere, I watched their whole careers and then commentators. Got all the books they’ve brought out and I’m getting all emotional as they’ve been ever present for nigh on 45 years

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve gone ago ten mins when botham and Gower were chatting in the box

Said it elsewhere, I wat he’d their whole careers and then commentators. Got all the books they’ve brought out and I’m getting all emotional as they’ve been ever present for nigh on 45 years

Aye been the face of cricket for me since I started watching, if you grew up watching them can't imagine!

I do think England underperformed but we were the better team at Lords and would have won if 1.5 days weren't rained off and played the 1st test with 10 men and unable to replace our best bowler.
All ifs and buts but shows it was closer than people will say.

What a summer mind you!

Absolutely, no complaints with 2-2, just the narrative in the media frustrating

Aye what a summer, will be telling my grandkids about this one (I have any)
Colly straight on the piss

I've some how ended the summer with Joe Denly being by hero, no idea how.

Last edited:

Back