Art

Bairn has been drawing and painting a fair bit so grabbed a pack of pencils and charcoal from the works and had a crack at it. Was never any good with the artistic talent of a cluster of colour-blind hedgehogs… in a bag.

Logon or register to see this image

https://flic.kr/p/2pKsPBa
Can never do hands myself, or people come to think of it. Tried a self portrait a while back and I had to chuck it away was so bad.

Without wanting to come across as a luddite, how does one upload pics to post on here? Never done it with my own pics before. Normally a simple cut and paste job with the URL.

Been doing the art drop in at Diego's when I can. Loved drawing as a kid and wanted to get back into it. A couple of things I did recently:

My lass lost her Nana last year and her favourite animal was elephants and our lass loves art deco, so did this for her:

This is a more moody sketch of this photo I took of the Lighthouse a couple of summers ago that I use as my avatar:

Been canny getting back into it and having a play about. Good for the soul.

Last edited:
Been doing the art drop in at Diego's when I can. Loved drawing as a kid and wanted to get back into it. A couple of things I did recently:

My lass lost her Nana last year and her favourite animal was elephants and our lass loves art deco, so did this for her:

This is a more moody sketch of this photo I took of the Lighthouse a couple of summers ago that I use as my avatar:

Been canny getting back into it and having a play about. Good for the soul.
Beautiful stuff, that elephant would be an amazing tile design 😍😘

Bastards !!!!

I'm envious of all your talents. It's about the only thing I would really love to be able to do, but can't. And God, I've tried.

I can't even draw the bastard curtains.

Mind, even if I could I would look at what I'd done as write it off as shit....as I do daily with music bits and bobs.

Anyway keep the free art gallery going. Thoroughly enjoying it.

Bastards !!!!

I'm envious of all your talents. It's about the only thing I would really love to be able to do, but can't. And God, I've tried.

I can't even draw the bastard curtains.

Mind, even if I could I would look at what I'd done as write it off as shit....as I do daily with music bits and bobs.

Anyway keep the free art gallery going. Thoroughly enjoying it.
Just keep doing it, I bet it's way better than you think so if you ever feel brave enough please let us take a look 😘
I'm not great, I just like pretty colours and express myself that way in art.
I did a picture of a beach scene for my dad, the rocks on the sand spelt out dad, he still has it on his den wall 20 years later xx

Just keep doing it, I bet it's way better than you think so if you ever feel brave enough please let us take a look 😘
I'm not great, I just like pretty colours and express myself that way in art.
I did a picture of a beach scene for my dad, the rocks on the sand spelt out dad, he still has it on his den wall 20 years later xx

Thanks but honestly I'd just make myself miserable with how shit it is.

I'll stick to trying to making music.

One thing I've learnt recently...and it's taken me 55 years to learn, that as adults we are incredibly destructive when it comes to creating something. Everyone is a critic (and a self critic) yet when you draw a picture or sing a song or whatever when you are a kid it gives you and everyone around you immense pleasure.

I'm a reasonable musician, yet I'd never let anyone hear stuff I'd recorded or written due to the fact it would be absolutely panned by 99% of people.

It's such a shame we aren't able to retain that joy and love of creativity when we become adults

Back