Arrogant cyclist slaughters innocent mother

Status
Not open for further replies.
He may well be a prick but that doesn't mean hes guilty - he could be the nicest lad going and the lass would have still stepped out in front of him without looking
Might be a lovely lad,but comes over as a prick. That's irrelevant though,the fact is he being accused of killing someone whilst riding an illegal bike,on an ordinary road bike the woman may still be alive.

But would you walk into a road without looking? if you do and get splattered you can't really complain
I've made judgements that I can make it across a road before being mashed by the HGV bearing down on me, incorrectly. He managed to slow down without killing me because his vehicle had BRAKES!!!

This is context and not a defence of the little shit.

18mph is give or take 8m per second. He was less than 7m away from her when she stepped out according to the report. That gives him less than a second to register and react. It's possible he didn't even have time to brake under those circumstances.

The average driver reaction time is 2.3 seconds.

Might be a lovely lad,but comes over as a prick. That's irrelevant though,the fact is he being accused of killing someone whilst riding an illegal bike,on an ordinary road bike the woman may still be alive.

And if she'd not stepped out into traffic without looking she would definitely still be alive. I just think there's fault from all concerned in this case

As a side note though the sooner jay-walking is made illegal in the Uk like most other countries the better - theres ample crossings yet the amount of people that run out across roads is barmy

This is context and not a defence of the little shit.

18mph is give or take 8m per second. He was less than 7m away from her when she stepped out according to the report. That gives him less than a second to register and react. It's possible he didn't even have time to brake under those circumstances.

The average driver reaction time is 2.3 seconds.
He couldn't do anything about it even if he wanted to, he had no brakes...

And if she'd not stepped out into traffic without looking she would definitely still be alive. I just think there's fault from all concerned in this case

As a side note though the sooner jay-walking is made illegal in the Uk like most other countries the better - theres ample crossings yet the amount of people that run out across roads is barmy
As a freeborn Englishwoman let he who dares take away my right to enjoy the Queen's highway :mad:

Your last paragraph is hard to disagree with.

He may well be a prick but that doesn't mean hes guilty - he could be the nicest lad going and the lass would have still stepped out in front of him without looking

On the balance of probabilities, would you say it is more likely that a 'prick' would have this happen to them than 'the nicest lad going'?

A simple 'yes' or 'no' will suffcec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back