Around the Shires....

Get the impression that Silverwood has a brain, and really likes Burnsy. Now the gonk with the shit glasses has gone, I reckon his place his settled
He needs some test runs to be fair, his recent form isn’t great.

I hope they come, I like him. He’s got more scoring options than Sibley, who can get stuck. Also means that you could eventually hope to get Hameed back (him and Sibo can’t play together)

He needs some test runs to be fair, his recent form isn’t great.

I hope they come, I like him. He’s got more scoring options than Sibley, who can get stuck. Also means that you could eventually hope to get Hameed back (him and Sibo can’t play together)
I think he will. He showed he can in the Ashes, and he's been in and out of the side due to injury and his kids birth, but hopefully if he has a full, uninterrupted summer then I think he'll come into his own.

I think Aus pitches and pace will suit him perfectly too.

Agree on Sibs, I like him obviously, but I feel he's too limited for Tests (the same way Wyke got you 30 goals but his all round game is too limited to be truly effective). If Hameed can get back to where he was, I think he's worth another go.

I saw Duckett got 177* not out earlier too. With Smith out the picture, could he end up forcing his way back in ?

I think he will. He showed he can in the Ashes, and he's been in and out of the side due to injury and his kids birth, but hopefully if he has a full, uninterrupted summer then I think he'll come into his own.

I think Aus pitches and pace will suit him perfectly too.

Agree on Sibs, I like him obviously, but I feel he's too limited for Tests (the same way Wyke got you 30 goals but his all round game is too limited to be truly effective). If Hameed can get back to where he was, I think he's worth another go.

I saw Duckett got 177* not out earlier too. With Smith out the picture, could he end up forcing his way back in ?
Duckett nah

Crawley is one who needs runs as well. If you take out the big double hundred, he averages 21. I know it’s harsh to be that selective, but it’s one huge outlier

Duckett nah

Crawley is one who needs runs as well. If you take out the big double hundred, he averages 21. I know it’s harsh to be that selective, but it’s one huge outlier
No, you're right. He's been poor for Kent this season too, from what I've seen.

Bar his double ton - which was superb - I haven't seen the player that some have been absolutely raving about. He's OK and learning, and he's the best option to bat at 3 for the moment, but he definitely needs runs

Our usually tropical climate has decided it prefers the Manchester effect ;)
Sure I read that bookies have stopped taking bets on it being the wettest summer since records began..
Me shorts have usually had an airing by now (and no I’m not one for wearing them regardless, has to be 20 degrees plus)

Reminds me of the year I went to watch Yorkshire at Colwyn Bay while at uni in Chester. Saw the first morning session and that was it :lol:. 2012 I think it was

Pleased to see Rocky finally getting some form after a lean few years. Two fifties in this game so far, and still not out ATM
He has looked superb in this knock. If you had known the ins and outs of the he situation with his kid you probably wouldn’t have been as quick to criticise. Publically he had only told a sanitised version its been horrific for him and his lass

Sure I read that bookies have stopped taking bets on it being the wettest summer since records began..
To be fair there have been a fair few summers in my lifetime that could claim that title...2012 being the most recent.:D
Wonder if there will be any deals going on between captains tomorrow. Hard to see any results this week otherwise
Looks like Kent v Glamorgan is the only one although the way Fletcher of Notts is going through Worcs there may yet be a result in that one.

Last edited:
He has looked superb in this knock. If you had known the ins and outs of the he situation with his kid you probably wouldn’t have been as quick to criticise. Publically he had only told a sanitised version its been horrific for him and his lass
I wouldn't say I've ever been overly critical of him to be fair. It's been known for a while he's had personal problems (the exact cause has never been revealed), and I've always tried to keep that in mind when talking about Rocky - hence why I've been so glad to see him getting back to some kind of form!

CENTURY FOR BURNSY!! 😍😍

Last edited:
I wouldn't say I've ever been overly critical of him to be fair. It's been known for a while he's had personal problems (the exact cause has never been revealed), and I've always tried to keep that in mind when talking about Rocky - hence why I've been so glad to see him getting back to some kind of form!
To be fair I haven't seen you being over critical either. In your absence someone said you would be happy to drive him up here yourself or something which would have been fair enough not knowing the background. I watched a bit yesterday, he was sublime and then was out in the first over today chasing a wide one which he would have left all day yesterday.

100 for Rory - well done!

To be fair I haven't seen you being over critical either. In your absence someone said you would be happy to drive him up here yourself or something which would have been fair enough not knowing the background. I watched a bit yesterday, he was sublime and then was out in the first over today chasing a wide one which he would have left all day yesterday.

100 for Rory - well done!
I said that about Badger about two years ago, don't think I've said that about Rocky. It's been known for around two years or so that he has had major personal problems - and as members it's absolutely none of our business as to what those are - so I think when Rocky's form has (rightly) been discussed, it's also been laced with sympathy. He hasn't been the same since he came back from the Ashes, and it's been evident to anyone just how frustrated and low he's been.
I actually think his performances have deserved more criticism - from Members and from the press - than he's received, but as I say I think there's been a case of not wanting to kick a man while he's done. He's always have undoubted class, it's just been missing for a while. I agree he looked excellent yesterday, and hopefully this is the start of him getting back to his best - for his own sake as much as anyone elses.

As for Rory - that's him now inked into the Test side. And he's deserved it, having got so many 50s already this summer! Hopefully he'll kick on and really cement his place in the Test side now.

Back