Around the Shires....

Popped down to Brockhampton yesterday for Herefordshire v Northumberland. Pleasant tree lined ground on a country estate roughly halfway between Ross-on-Wye and Hereford. Quite short boundaries, so the potential to rack up some high scores.

Ages since I've had a day at the cricket, certainly not since before covid, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, though today I'm regretting not having taken any sun protection!

Long trip for Northumberland, especially for a one day game. They won the toss, but seem to prefer chasing a total so elected to field. Each side seemed to have the upper hand at various times, but Northumberland got home by three wickets with 8 balls to spare.

Leicestershire are currently hosting India in a 4 day warm up.Primarily as one of three games before the one off Test carried over from last year under dubious circumstances.England trail 2-1 in a series that counts under the WTC championship.To utter bewilderment Leics have 5 Indian players in their side 🙄 Bumrah opened their bowling and Krishna and Shankade both bowled before lunch.Pujara and Pant are due to bat for them.Unless it's a FTECB forced scenario or Leicestershire are guilty of treason.What message does this send to their squad particularly any promising younger players keen to make an impression.More so they'll still take their share of FTECB payments based largely on Test Match finances.Be interesting if Derbyshire and Northants follow suit

Back