Arise Sir Geoffrey

Boycott is arrogant, selfish, bloody minded
Don't care.
Could use someone like him now.

There are worse candidates for a knighthood.

Arguably racist, but not as bad as the Husband of our Queen.

But being a convicted wife beater trump's all that.

In our long and glorious history of Empire and suppression, being able to brutally suppress the natives and earn the King's favour was pretty much a pre requisite to become a knight of the realm.

In that context wife beating seems pretty insignificant.

But it isn't and he shouldn't be knighted.

Boycott is arrogant, selfish, bloody minded
Don't care.
Could use someone like him now.

There are worse candidates for a knighthood.

Arguably racist, but not as bad as the Husband of our Queen.

But being a convicted wife beater trump's all that.

In our long and glorious history of Empire and suppression, being able to brutally suppress the natives and earn the King's favour was pretty much a pre requisite to become a knight of the realm.

In that context wife beating seems pretty insignificant.

But it isn't and he shouldn't be knighted.
All depends if you think he did it. This was not a conviction under exacting, beyond reasonable doubt, English law. The person he is alleged to have assaulted was clearly looking for cash to pay debt (1 million was floated) and was ultimately awarded 1 franc damages.
I personally do not buy the notion of his commiting a sustained attack.

All depends if you think he did it. This was not a conviction under exacting, beyond reasonable doubt, English law. The person he is alleged to have assaulted was clearly looking for cash to pay debt (1 million was floated) and was ultimately awarded 1 franc damages.
I personally do not buy the notion of his commiting a sustained attack.

That’s all hearsay though

The reality is as it stands he’s guilty and until proved otherwise really shouldn’t be knighted

Yeah true, none of us are legal experts, we have to trust the law
I don't have to trust any other nations law if I don't want to, I can be selective about what I believe. There are plenty of people wrongly accused of far bigger stuff than this which has been overturned even under English law. Far to much branding and creation of non persons gets done in this country. If we're going to get down to it it was 25 years ago, a single contested offence against a life time of service to cricket and more importantly charity.
A murderer would by now have been rehabilitated but not geoff? That's even If he did owt. He's being used as a means to an end for a publicity campaign, it's not right and I'm not joining in.
Domestic violence wrong, slaughtering one high profile old man to publicise it, also wrong

I don't have to trust any other nations law if I don't want to, I can be selective about what I believe. There are plenty of people wrongly accused of far bigger stuff than this which has been overturned even under English law. Far to much branding and creation of non persons gets done in this country. If we're going to get down to it it was 25 years ago, a single contested offence against a life time of service to cricket and more importantly charity.
A murderer would by now have been rehabilitated but not geoff? That's even If he did owt. He's being used as a means to an end for a publicity campaign, it's not right and I'm not joining in.
Domestic violence wrong, slaughtering one high profile old man to publicise it, also wrong
You’re saying you don’t believe it. Because he says so. I’ll trust the courts

He’s working on TMS so he’s not being stopped from doing anything

A murderer wouldn’t get a knighthood. So that’s an absurd comparison. And his age has fuck all to do with anything

He’s a free man. He can do whatever he wants. He isn’t being stopped from working. But he’s not deserving of a knighthood
Btw the term “publicity campaign” for opponents of domestic violence is mind boggling

Last edited:

Well you do

As he’s guilty

Just you saying you don’t trust French law doesn’t make him not guilty

He’s lucky he wasn’t put in jail

He wasn’t old when he smacked her mate

The idea it doesn’t matter because it happened 20 years ago is hilarious

Service to cricket? What’s that got to do with it.

A murderer wouldn’t get a knighthood. So that’s an absurd comparison. And his age has fuck all to do with anything

He’s a free man. He can do whatever he wants. He isn’t being stopped from working. But he’s not deserving of a knighthood
Btw the term “publicity campaign” for opponents of domestic violence is mind boggling

Spot on

Nobody saying don’t let him work

Just don’t knight him

Well you do

As he’s guilty

Just you saying you don’t trust French law doesn’t make him not guilty

He’s lucky he wasn’t put in jail

He wasn’t old when he smacked her mate

The idea it doesn’t matter because it happened 20 years ago is hilarious

Service to cricket? What’s that got to do with it.

Spot on

Nobody saying don’t let him work

Just don’t knight him
Thanks, I will and I think that's why he's been given the knighthood.

Mate if you don't recognise how single issue bodies work your being very naive and becoming frightened of accurate language . Womens aid will have clapped their hands when he was announced (after the anger) , their issue goes to top of the pops. Everything is political.
Anyway, you see it your way, I'll see it mine. We don't all have to think the same... Or do we and if so who decides.
Think you’re missing the point marra

The irony is you want his domestic abuse dismissing because it happens 20 years ago, but what him knighted for cricket career which happened 33 years ago
He's still in cricket and charity and as far as I know hasnt knocked anyone around for 25 years if ever.
Although I have never hit a woman I would not see it as fair if I'd had a life like boycott to have it invalidated by one misdemeanour. Would you apply this punitive approach to yourself? You will be an unhappy man if you do. Single actions (if they happened in his case) do not make someone something, they don't create an inherant, indelible, negative quality for me.

Last edited:
Mate if you don't recognise how single issue bodies work your being very naive and becoming frightened of accurate language . Womens aid will have clapped their hands when he was announced (after the anger) , their issue goes to top of the pops. Everything is political.
Anyway, you see it your way, I'll see it mine. We don't all have to think the same... Or do we and if so who decides.

He's still in cricket and charity and as far as I know hasnt knocked anyone around for 25 years if ever.
Although I have never hit a woman I would not see it as fair if I'd had a life like boycott to have it invalidated by one misdemeanour. Would you apply this punitive approach to yourself? You will be an unhappy man if you do. Single actions (if they happened in his case) do not make someone something, they don't create an inherant, indelible, negative quality for me.

No you can’t say if ever

He did

Yes mate I can 100% say that if I smacked my Lass around I wouldn’t expect to get knighted

You’re dismissing domestic abuse because he scored a few runs in a cricket match, mad.

No you can’t say if ever

He did

Yes mate I can 100% say that if I smacked my Lass around I wouldn’t expect to get knighted

You’re dismissing domestic abuse because he scored a few runs in a cricket match, mad.
I can say what I want
You want to go easier on yourself and the world mate you will be happier.

Last edited:
I can say what I want
You want to go easier on yourself and the world mate you will be happier.

I’m very happy right now actually

Saying you shouldn’t be knighted if you beat up women is probably the least controversial thing I’ve ever said,

The way you dismiss it is a tad worrying

Back