Are we biased or is there really something that makes Sunderland 'special'

Status
Not open for further replies.

6inarow

Winger
Over other clubs?

I know a lot of fans will argue for thier club but you hear it from so many people, a lot with no affiliation with Sunderland saying how a unique and special club we are?

I know we all defend our club in conversation when it comes to league titles, history, high average attendances etc. with nothing to show for it but looking from the outside what is so 'special' about Sunderland that puts us up and above every other club in the country?

Of course we're special.

Small town, low expectations, fantastic fan base and our fans are well respected by most other clubs because we travel in huge numbers and cause no trouble, and keep our shirts on. We're also liked because most other supporters hate the mags and their ridiculous expectations and moaning, and see how we deal with them and are more successful.

And I'm not biased, no sirree.

Over other clubs?

I know a lot of fans will argue for thier club but you hear it from so many people, a lot with no affiliation with Sunderland saying how a unique and special club we are?

I know we all defend our club in conversation when it comes to league titles, history, high average attendances etc. with nothing to show for it but looking from the outside what is so 'special' about Sunderland that puts us up and above every other club in the country?
Massively underachieving for decades for such a big well supported club. There is no other club like it.

Of course we're special.

Small town, low expectations, fantastic fan base and our fans are well respected by most other clubs because we travel in huge numbers and cause no trouble, and keep our shirts on. We're also liked because most other supporters hate the mags and their ridiculous expectations and moaning, and see how we deal with them and are more successful.

Small town?

We have a massive catchment area, bigger than the vast majority of teams in England.

Massively underachieving for decades for such a big well supported club. There is no other club like it.
FC Koln give us a good run for our money... won fuck all in 40 years, apart from a couple of promotions from Bundesliga 2, but get crowds of 45+ thousand.

People from down here still can't understand why we get such a huge following when we have been shit for years and not won anything major since 73.
I don’t think that we any more loyal than other fans. Perhaps a bit more fervent but becoming less so as the area is less industrialised and more sanitised.

What we have done well is to pass the baton onto our descendants, particularly those who have moved from the north east.

Despite a lack of success we have relatively better support than equivalent clubs, due to a lack of rival clubs in the NE and the high percentage of exiled fans.

All imho of course.

Of course we're special.

Oooof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back