Are some

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s certainly life changing. I’ve been working all the way through but I’ve only been to the office 3 days. During the nice weather I was sitting in the garden on my laptop or taking a long lunch and working later because I didn’t have a commute time to factor in. I’m saving an hour a day not travelling and all the costs that come with that. It’s really helped my mental health, I was sick of being stuck in an office where I was about 20m from the nearest window which was controlled by Mrs Freeze so it was locked shut. My view was the side of another building. I was actively looking elsewhere but I’ve stopped now.

Id say I’m about 80% as effective from home as I am at the office, but I think this will change everything going forward. The high ups will see it as a way of not spending millions on putting up new buildings to be full of staff, we’ll end up hot desking with people splitting their time between, which should more than cover the slightly reduced productivity.

I already worked from home prior (trend setter, me) so that side of things is pretty easy.

The other restrictions took some getting used to but just seems normal now tbh.

I already worked from home prior (trend setter, me) so that side of things is pretty easy.

The other restrictions took some getting used to but just seems normal now tbh.

The move to hybrid has been ongoing within IT for decade... its useful to meet up but not essentially on a daily basis and our team is split between ncl and edinburgh anyway. I miss bombing up to Edinburgh on company cash, but like an hour commute to team valley, nope.... don't think our team will ever go back to full time office, theres no need.

Also note to those who are critical of those being fine working from home, mental health works two ways , for some of the autistic spectrum it can be beneficial to WFH ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back