Archer

Out for whole season with a stress fracture of the lower back
Ffs gutted for the lad, how have we got 3 seamers (4 If you include stone who's nearly healed) out with back stress fractures.
Fast bowlers get injured but they need to look at what we are doing in the setup as I dont see the other countries losing so many bowlers at the same time.

27 now, so will be 28 by the time next summer comes around.

Test cricket looks like it might be a struggle for him.

It’s worrying that he’s got a stressed back fracture after just easing his way back in the nets

It could be a sign that he just hasnt bowled basically for years

Bowlers need to bowl

Can still see a test career for the lad but it'll be the Ashes and stuff like that, he wont play sub-continent tests etc...

I know Cummins had loads of injuries early in his career but they just wheel out the 3 quicks test match after test match. We have two as old as Larwood, you are never sure with Woody, Archer crocked, Stone crocked, Mahmood crocked, Robinson looking more like Inzamam by the week and i'm sure I have missed out others :mad:

I know Cummins had loads of injuries early in his career but they just wheel out the 3 quicks test match after test match. We have two as old as Larwood, you are never sure with Woody, Archer crocked, Stone crocked, Mahmood crocked, Robinson looking more like Inzamam by the week and i'm sure I have missed out others :mad:

Aye Aussies play much less test cricket than us and they almost always have their first choice attack

They are a better team than us no doubt but we never ever ever seem to have our full strength team available, whether it was rotation or bow injury

Can’t really say it’s bad luck just the way it is.

Different team if Wood snd Archer had the bodies of pat Cummins ain’t it? Imagine if they both played 95% of our tests

The team would be transformed

Never gonna happen though

Back