Apple Event

Hmmm so this Voice Plan is half the price of the normal Apple Music but does this mean it’s only accessible via Siri and not the app? Needs a bit more of an explanation.

More expensive too ;)

To be fair the new Mac Book Pros do look good and are beasts, but at a price.
I’m the only one in our house who hasn’t got a MacBook and I used to be a frigging graphic designer :confused: plus this week, it’s the first time I haven’t upgraded to the latest iPhone when my contract’s ran out. I’m not falling out of love with Apple it’s just my phones in perfect nick, went for a SIM only. But yeah those MacBooks are beauties.

I’m the only one in our house who hasn’t got a MacBook and I used to be a frigging graphic designer :confused: plus this week, it’s the first time I haven’t upgraded to the latest iPhone when my contract’s ran out. I’m not falling out of love with Apple it’s just my phones in perfect nick, went for a SIM only. But yeah those MacBooks are beauties.

That is the point though - who really needs a machine that is faster or has more pixels for everyday use? In reality, that is all you are getting (and possibly extra battery life) with the latest machines.

The performance was all "up to " x times faster - and you can bet that is for the top of the range processors with the most cores and most gpu threads - ie. not the £1900 entry level one - spec up the CPU and it soon rises to £3K+.

If you spend all day processing 8K video it will make a lot of sense, but for the majority of people it will make zero difference apart from the status symbol.

I don't think Apple dare nobble the batteries on the older machines again, although they have gone to great lengths to ensure that batteries and displays aren't replaceable in their latest devices. So much for sustainability,

I actually could do with a new Mac to be honest as I still do a bit of design and the one I’ve had for years is on its last legs.

That is the point though - who really needs a machine that is faster or has more pixels for everyday use? In reality, that is all you are getting (and possibly extra battery life) with the latest machines.

The performance was all "up to " x times faster - and you can bet that is for the top of the range processors with the most cores and most gpu threads - ie. not the £1900 entry level one - spec up the CPU and it soon rises to £3K+.

If you spend all day processing 8K video it will make a lot of sense, but for the majority of people it will make zero difference apart from the status symbol.

I don't think Apple dare nobble the batteries on the older machines again, although they have gone to great lengths to ensure that batteries and displays aren't replaceable in their latest devices. So much for sustainability,
They're designed for pro use. So the users processing videos are their target audience. Same with the iPad Pro and iPhone Pro. Not sure hat the prices are for the full range yet mind you.

Last edited:
Bit of an old thread, but looking for a Macbook - any recommendations or referrals?
Why specifically a macbook may I ask mate?

You can get far far better value for money, better spec by miles, lower price, upgrade potential etc.. By not buying an apple product.

You can get far far better value for money, better spec by miles, lower price, upgrade potential etc.. By not buying an apple product.

Not with the new M1 chips. The M2 is being released soon as well

Needing a mac as son uses one in college so looking for one to help with studies

Back