Anyone off to see De La Soul at Northumbria University tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

No because they're one of my favourite acts and the last few times they've been they've either been a right fuck on in showing up late and half arsing it or been shite apparently - don't wanna ruin it

No because they're one of my favourite acts and the last few times they've been they've either been a right fuck on in showing up late and half arsing it or been shite apparently - don't wanna ruin it

I've had the same issue. The last 2 times I've seen them live have been 2 of the worst gigs I've ever been to.

1st one they were late and their set lasted about 25mins with no encore. Crowd was stood waiting for ages as everyone assumed it was a technical issue and they would be back on stage.

2nd time they were late and kept starting and stopping songs and talking rubbish to the crowd to kill time so the set was short as the venue has 11pm curfew. They lost the crowd after a bit and ahoy could tell they weren't bothered.

Seen them twice at Bestival in previous years. Both times pretty shite but I'm admittedly not a fan of their music to begin with.

Well, the support act was a local rapper, who frankly, was shite. De La Soul came on about 21:20 with only 2 of the original members present... The first third of the gig was really good, then as suggested above, they fucked about, kept stopping songs and only played 1 track from 3 Feet High and Rising and none from the new album (other than as they left the stage) all in they were on stage maybe 1hr 15mins and I think everyone there seemed disappointed and a bit deflated, so a bit of a disappointment really, you didn't miss that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back