Anyone interested in writing Sunderland point of view

Status
Not open for further replies.
No? You seem to.

Actually, I came on this thread defending myself, not gloating, but whatever.

People love to call me arrogant whilst at the same time being apparently convinced their opinion of me should be the centre of my world. Then I'M told I'm the one who isn't self-aware. It's all quite funny really.

Michael, Michael, what is happening to you ?
You certainly do seem to have changed lately and are coming over as a bit of a knob.
I preferred you the way you were.

People love to call me arrogant whilst at the same time being apparently convinced their opinion of me should be the centre of my world. Then I'M told I'm the one who isn't self-aware. It's all quite funny really.

Which isn't what has happened. People just think you're a cock and your website is shit and have said as much. The delusion continues......

He has a point, I have never stopped thinking about him, in fact, I want to kiss him and tit him up and that

Here you go:

SAFC fans are used to disappointment (and relegation battles). We had an amazing end to last season (including ending your longstanding unbeaten home record during our miracle run in) but lost two good loan players (Ki and Borini) back to their parent clubs and were depending on a good Summer in the transfer market to push on.

Well we moved on some average players, spent £18m on two midfielders (Rodwell and Alvarez) who have hardly kicked a ball for us and haven’t used our Prem loans wisely at all (surely you’ve got some good development squad players you could have loaned us?)

We’re a bit more solid than last season (with the 8-0 aberration at Southampton being the exception) but our attacking options are really very limited (or comedic if Altidore gets on).

There are tiny hints of some sort of understanding developing between Fletcher and Wickham, and Rodwell and Alvarez may come good yet, but whilst that might drag us away from the bottom three in due course, it’s not going to somehow provide us with the firepower to trouble you on Saturday.

In the meantime you guys have moved on again, Mourinho is a top quality manager and has really got a grip, and in Costa, you look like you have finally found the world class goalscorer to complete the team.

On any rational basis you should beat us very easily.

With do however currently have a giant alien spider as a goalkeeper who may help keep the score respectable.

Having said all that, in a couple of seasons recently, you have rushed out of the blocks only to see your season founder on an unexpected defeat to a bottom half club. You were miles ahead of the Prem pack when we beat you 3-0 at the Bridge under Bruce and your season fell apart after that, for example.

The likelihood is that, unless you manage to get a man sent off early, you will have far too much for us, but, as City fans will tell you after losing at the Stadium of Light in four successive seasons now (and as you all saw at the end of last season) we can randomly raise our game against the teams who should spank us, so I’m hoping you lot are overconfident, tired or just very very unlucky on the day.

I doubt think Mourinho will let that happen to be honest though and I don’t see your confidence cracking with the first defeat either as it did in the past. Also the rest of the Prem doesn’t seem as strong as usual and I think you’ll win it with several games to spare this season so long as Costa stays fit (he got a knock last night didn’t he? I’d rest him against us if I were you! J )

It’s a long trip, but on our side we’d be overjoyed with any scenario that didn’t lead to you going back down the London with 3 points in your pocket and our GD looking even worse.

I think that's a rather excellent summary of things. Louise will be worried for her job if she reads this. :)

Here you go:

SAFC fans are used to disappointment (and relegation battles). We had an amazing end to last season (including ending your longstanding unbeaten home record during our miracle run in) but lost two good loan players (Ki and Borini) back to their parent clubs and were depending on a good Summer in the transfer market to push on.

Well we moved on some average players, spent £18m on two midfielders (Rodwell and Alvarez) who have hardly kicked a ball for us and haven’t used our Prem loans wisely at all (surely you’ve got some good development squad players you could have loaned us?)

We’re a bit more solid than last season (with the 8-0 aberration at Southampton being the exception) but our attacking options are really very limited (or comedic if Altidore gets on).

There are tiny hints of some sort of understanding developing between Fletcher and Wickham, and Rodwell and Alvarez may come good yet, but whilst that might drag us away from the bottom three in due course, it’s not going to somehow provide us with the firepower to trouble you on Saturday.

In the meantime you guys have moved on again, Mourinho is a top quality manager and has really got a grip, and in Costa, you look like you have finally found the world class goalscorer to complete the team.

On any rational basis you should beat us very easily.

With do however currently have a giant alien spider as a goalkeeper who may help keep the score respectable.

Having said all that, in a couple of seasons recently, you have rushed out of the blocks only to see your season founder on an unexpected defeat to a bottom half club. You were miles ahead of the Prem pack when we beat you 3-0 at the Bridge under Bruce and your season fell apart after that, for example.

The likelihood is that, unless you manage to get a man sent off early, you will have far too much for us, but, as City fans will tell you after losing at the Stadium of Light in four successive seasons now (and as you all saw at the end of last season) we can randomly raise our game against the teams who should spank us, so I’m hoping you lot are overconfident, tired or just very very unlucky on the day.

I doubt think Mourinho will let that happen to be honest though and I don’t see your confidence cracking with the first defeat either as it did in the past. Also the rest of the Prem doesn’t seem as strong as usual and I think you’ll win it with several games to spare this season so long as Costa stays fit (he got a knock last night didn’t he? I’d rest him against us if I were you! J )

It’s a long trip, but on our side we’d be overjoyed with any scenario that didn’t lead to you going back down the London with 3 points in your pocket and our GD looking even worse.

Pretty good summary all told but not sure why you've stated the bit in bold - Alvarez is on loan, we won't be paying owt (other than a minor loan fee and whatever his wages are) unless he arrives permanently.

I know - I think it's an 8m option if we don't get relegated to buy him - I already corrected it earlier in the thread - the main point stands that we have had very little improvement out of the Summer window evidenced so far..

Aye I know. It was @JimmyQuinn who didn't. I answered his question. :cool:

And aye, I know I'm nowt special. I'm a very average, at best, writer making a pretty average living out of something I enjoy. It's not special by any means, but it'll do me. Dunno why it seems to offend so many people tbh, but there you go.
Cos you sound like a right botter at a guess. But you love the attention.

against Chelsea for Saturday's game?

Looking for around 500 words of how your season has gone. What you think of the game etc?

No need to hold back on your views on Chelsea. tell it how you see it. If you hate Chelsea - fair do's.

We could also provide a similar piece for you to see on how we see Sunderland and the game.

We have a Sunderland based article up on our site but I am unbale to provide a link as your site will not allow.
Cheers Harry

I'll write it, mate, here's a flavour....

The season has gone as it always does: desperate rear-guard actions that wouldn't have looked out of place at The Marne (not taking away anything from those who lost their lives), hopeless and completely unrealistic and optimistic views of our fortunes that as per usual pre-ceded a monumental hammering; and the odd unexpected scalp in the capital.

Chelsea: good on their day, can't be trusted and the forefathers of stealing people from their homes to fight in the navy hundreds of miles away.

Ken Bates: about time Chelsea dispensed with him.

If there's money it, count me in.

Don't like Chelsea. My least favourite London team since the several run ins we had with them back in the day. I know we had run ins with other London teams but they always struck me as a pack of bullies who fancied it when the numbers favoured them ie on their own patch.
One semi final they were shotting piss onto our fans in the Main Stand paddocks. Another one, in fact it might have been the same one a gang of them started on my mate cos he was ginger.
The semi down there with the horse on the pitch and then turning up at Wembley on Final day has just turned me against them. That dislike has transferred onto the pitch.
The fact that they can go and buy anyone they like doesn't help either.

Don't like Chelsea. My least favourite London team since the several run ins we had with them back in the day. I know we had run ins with other London teams but they always struck me as a pack of bullies who fancied it when the numbers favoured them ie on their own patch.
One semi final they were shotting piss onto our fans in the Main Stand paddocks. Another one, in fact it might have been the same one a gang of them started on my mate cos he was ginger.
The semi down there with the horse on the pitch and then turning up at Wembley on Final day has just turned me against them. That dislike has transferred onto the pitch.
The fact that they can go and buy anyone they like doesn't help either.
Typical of you. You have one mate and hes a gingger

TicketyBoo Hotspur said:
against Chelsea for Saturday's game?

Looking for around 500 words of how your season has gone. What you think of the game etc?

No need to hold back on your views on Chelsea. tell it how you see it. If you hate Chelsea - fair do's.

We could also provide a similar piece for you to see on how we see Sunderland and the game.

We have a Sunderland based article up on our site but I am unbale to provide a link as your site will not allow.
Cheers Harry
Hello mate,
With a few exceptions we do not hate Chelsea. Which would we? We do not care enough about you. You could be Fulham or Spurs or Soton. You have a great team though

Aye I know. It was @JimmyQuinn who didn't. I answered his question. :cool:

And aye, I know I'm nowt special. I'm a very average, at best, writer making a pretty average living out of something I enjoy. It's not special by any means, but it'll do me. Dunno why it seems to offend so many people tbh, but there you go.

Trust me, you're nowhere near average. You're nothing more than blogger, who writes the occasional opinion piece in the local press, probably for free, and tries to pass off lies as fact.

It's those lies that offend people. And the fact that you're such a tit about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back