Anyone currently positive?

Just tested positive, just feels like I've got a fake cough and been out on my bike all day with aching legs, guessing I caught it on Saturday when I was at the races so will just lay low, only took a test as I had some in the house otherwise I'd have just done the same anyway.

Or maybe we could appreciate that it isn't 'just a cold' for everyone and show a little consideration for others by taking sensible preacutions such as wearing face masks in crowded public spaces?
At the Coventry super spreader event, i don't recall seeing anyone wearing a mask. I'd love to know if theres been a spike to correspond with that.

I have to admit i've stopped wearing masks. But the Coventry match was my one exception to my leading a lifestyle where i'm in close contact with anyone bar my wife.

Was ropey on Friday morning so took a test, negative, so went to work. On Saturday went to a mates bbq but left early as wasn't feeling the best and Saturday night was one of the worst I have ever had. My throat was like I'd swallowed razor blades so took another test and was positive.
Felt not too bad this morning but rang in sick and worked from home in the morning but hit a wall at 2pm and went to bed and slept till 6.
Now feeling pretty bad, this is much worse than the other time i had it in September 2020.
I was at work with one other lad on Friday and he's tested positive today.

Positive since yesterday after 5 days at Rebellion festival in Blackpool. Temperature, sneezing, coughing and chest a bit tight. Body aching all over. Hope it settles down in next few days and doesn't turn into the nightmare I had with Delta.

been sick for a few days but only tested positive yesterday (thought it was just a cold as the wife and oldest kid were sick but they had both tested negative). first day was a bit ropey but not feeling too bad now considering.
going skiing in 10 days so hopefully will recover (and test negative) within time.

been sick for a few days but only tested positive yesterday (thought it was just a cold as the wife and oldest kid were sick but they had both tested negative). first day was a bit ropey but not feeling too bad now considering.
going skiing in 10 days so hopefully will recover (and test negative) within time.
Where you skiing in August?

Wife tested positive today after feeling shit for a couple of days.
I've got a cough and sore throat so I reckon it could be me next

Came back from Stone Valley on Sunday absolutely convinced that I'd caught it again
Sore throat, burning up, just feeling lousy, like I did in February
Good news is that I've continually tested negative, the bad news is that it's Lyme disease from a tick bite
I'll live, on antibiotics for 3 weeks but thankfully because it was diagnosed early it will clear up
Definitely not my year

Aye wife is knocked out by it, not seen her this bad in a long time.

You're hot/cold/hot sweating, freezing, shit thoughts, want to sleep and can't, always thirsty, no appetite, no energy at all. Going to bed soon for more nightmares if I can sleep.

The immune system doesn't know this fucker.

Wife tested positive today after feeling shit for a couple of days.
I've got a cough and sore throat so I reckon it could be me next

my wife and oldest are still negative after 5 days or so. me and the youngest still tesing positive but she's just about clear (very faint line on the test). feel pretty good to be honest. a little tired etc but have had worse colds.

my wife and oldest are still negative after 5 days or so. me and the youngest still tesing positive but she's just about clear (very faint line on the test). feel pretty good to be honest. a little tired etc but have had worse colds.
I've just tested positive for the first time. Felt something coming on Wednesday, felt like shit at the end of yesterday but tested negative on RAT but a rough night last night so went for a PCR today. Still waiting for those results but struggling to keep warm under 2 blankets and a gas heated room currently at 22C so RAT tested again and it lit up in seconds. Gutted my daughter is singing at the Opera House on Monday and I will miss it now. I just pray the wife and her don't catch it and we all miss it.
You're hot/cold/hot sweating, freezing, shit thoughts, want to sleep and can't, always thirsty, no appetite, no energy at all. Going to bed soon for more nightmares if I can sleep.

The immune system doesn't know this fucker.
This is me too.

Last edited:
I've just tested positive for the first time. Felt something coming on Wednesday, felt like shit at the end of yesterday but tested negative on RAT but a rough night last night so went for a PCR today. Still waiting for those results but struggling to keep warm under 2 blankets and a gas heated room currently at 22C so RAT tested again and it lit up in seconds. Gutted my daughter is singing at the Opera House on Monday and I will miss it now. I just pray the wife and her don't catch it and we all miss it.

This is me too.

that was me for the first 12 to 24 hours then it calmed down, so fingers crossed for you. sorry to hear about the Opera House and I hope your daughter still gets to perform. it's an amazing place (i used to work there).

Back