Anyone been to Belfast?

bowers2

Striker
What did you think of it?

I thought it isan amazing place.

Did all the tour bits and the Ira/unionist stuff is crazy.

The people are superb as well, it’s cheap enough and will defiantly go back.

What’s your thoughts?

Was over their for a week long conference, during the last Euros. Nice enough city, but it’s nightlife is very poor during the week. Most restaurants shut around 9pm, and bars were empty during the week and shit early. No comparison to Edinburgh or Newcastle.

And they hate the English, as I found out watching the game.

Aye it's canny. Best bit of my trip was getting on the bus and the driver going miles off the route to drop us at the door of the hotel and not one person complained.

I think that this is the normal practice.
A taxi driver made me follow him about ten npmiles off his route to find our hotel.

Found it strange that people who endured a load of shit through the troubles were So nice.

Was over their for a week long conference, during the last Euros. Nice enough city, but it’s nightlife is very poor during the week. Most restaurants shut around 9pm, and bars were empty during the week and shit early. No comparison to Edinburgh or Newcastle.

I was over there for the England v Northern Ireland game in 2005. I was the only one in our group without a ticket so watched it in a bar in the city centre. Bar was packed, really nice people, loads invited me to join their groups for a drink until I was meeting up with the rest after the match. Some of the nicest people I have met in the UK. You must be thinking of dublin

I'll be there on Friday. My favourite city, rarely drink in the city centre better off drinking in local bars, however I wouldn't recommend it if you don't know anyone and I especially wouldn't drink in any bars run by the organisations unless you know people.

I went during the height of the troubles as a young ‘un. It left a lasting impression on me, to say the least.
Stood at the top of Falls Rd, quite an amazing sight to see bomb cages on the front of buildings, armoured vehicles, soldiers etc.

Very sad times. I’m so glad Belfast people are now living in happier times. Hopefully the Glasgow based PIRA lovers don’t kick it all off again.

I was over there for the England v Northern Ireland game in 2005. I was the only one in our group without a ticket so watched it in a bar in the city centre. Bar was packed, really nice people, loads invited me to join their groups for a drink until I was meeting up with the rest after the match. Some of the nicest people I have met in the UK. You must be thinking of dublin

I don’t know what Dublin’s like now, but when I went nearly 40 years ago it was possibly the most disappointing place I’ve ever been.

Having said that, I never experienced any hate, north or south.

It's more of a dump than Sunderland IMO
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Harsh!

Your Sat Nav must be shit! You were near Celtic Park, Glasgow, man! ;)

Loved it, canny Sunderland supporters bar also we found ourselves in.
Black cab tour was canny, wouldn’t like to live there mind.
Will return

What did you think of it?

I thought it isan amazing place.

Did all the tour bits and the Ira/unionist stuff is crazy.

The people are superb as well, it’s cheap enough and will defiantly go back.

What’s your thoughts?
I loved it, one of my favourite city breaks. I rarely do a city twice but went back to Belfast in a heartbeat

Went a few month ago for the first time - drove up to the causeway and saw some beautiful coastline then went on the piss afternoon and evening - great boozers and everyone really friendly and great crack on

Back