Any thoughts on this?

bowers2

Striker
Been placed on a hosepipe ban with united utilities.

Without going into the shit infrastructure, the high wages for the shareholders or the fact that they are still pumping millions of gallons on a fracking site 30 miles away, have I got any recourse for a rebate?

I pay a monthly rate that is fixed not metered so basically I’m unlimited.

It’s like going to the pub asking for a pint but given a half but paying for a pint.

It is the principle of the matter for me.
I am prepared to goto court and will be probably ruled against but what do you think?

If the weather doesn't change drastically, large parts of the country will be hit by similar bans.

I still don't understand why water remains privatised. With gas, electricity, phone etc., if you're not happy with the service you receive, you can switch supplier, whereas with water, all you can do to switch is move region.

Been placed on a hosepipe ban with united utilities.

Without going into the shit infrastructure, the high wages for the shareholders or the fact that they are still pumping millions of gallons on a fracking site 30 miles away, have I got any recourse for a rebate?

I pay a monthly rate that is fixed not metered so basically I’m unlimited.

It’s like going to the pub asking for a pint but given a half but paying for a pint.

It is the principle of the matter for me.
I am prepared to goto court and will be probably ruled against but what do you think?

I probably wouldn't want to go to court if even i thought i had a poor chance of winning.

Your username is so nearly Bowser. That would have been funny.

Was something on the radio yesterday about somebody who got prosecuted during the last hosepipe ban for filling their watering can with a hosepipe :lol:
There must have been more to it because the ban specifically states that you can still fill watering cans and buckets for watering plants and washing your car etc.

It'll be one of those stories where the truth is he had the f***ing hosepipe on for three hours then filled the can up.

Back