Any Retropie Experts on here?

Geppetto

Midfield
I can't manage to save champ man 93/94 games despite having a slot selected for disk 3.

The game runs fine, then when I select save game, it asks me to insert disk 3, but I've already selected disks 1-3 prior to starting the game.

Any help would be appreciated.

Try on here

I play it but the DOS version. Seems like yours is the Amiga one?

I can't manage to save champ man 93/94 games despite having a slot selected for disk 3.

The game runs fine, then when I select save game, it asks me to insert disk 3, but I've already selected disks 1-3 prior to starting the game.

Any help would be appreciated.
It's probably not Reptropie per se.

The game itself might not be aware that you have a third disk drive. Try loading the game the "traditional" way, swapping the disks in one disk drive, see how it goes.

It's probably not Reptropie per se.

The game itself might not be aware that you have a third disk drive. Try loading the game the "traditional" way, swapping the disks in one disk drive, see how it goes.
How do you do that mate? I haven't got hard disks, they're images (I think is the correct term, probs not :lol:).

How do you do that mate? I haven't got hard disks, they're images (I think is the correct term, probs not :lol:).
Yeah they're images.
Been a long time since I've done this (I remember amiga emulation can be a right pain in general)

Assuming you have a keyboard connected, you press F12 to get the emulator menu up and there should be options available that let you change the disk image in each drive. Just keep using drive0 and see if it'll let you change disks on the fly.

EDIT:
If you get the menu but changing disks seems to do nothing then you might have to create an m3u file (not as daunting as it looks) - NOTE THE LAST BIT ABOUT SAVE DISKS

M3U Support​

When you have a multi disk game, you can use an .m3u file to specify each disk of the game and change them from the RetroArch Disc Control interface.

An M3U file is a simple text file with one disk per line (see Wiki).

An example M3U file:

Simpsons, The - Bart vs. The Space Mutants.m3u

containing

Simpsons, The - Bart vs. The Space Mutants_Disk1.adf
Simpsons, The - Bart vs. The Space Mutants_Disk2.adf
Path in the M3U file can be absolute or relative to the location of the M3U file.

When a game asks for it, you can change the current disk in the RetroArch Disc Control menu:

• Eject the current disk with Eject Disc
  • Select the right disk index with Current Disc Index
  • Insert the new disk with Insert Disc
For games that support multiple disk drives, append "(MD)" (as in "MultiDrive") to the M3U filename to insert each disk in different drives, up to a maximum of 4 disks.

For games that require a dedicated save disk, one may be generated automatically by entering the following line in an M3U file: #SAVEDISK:VolumeName. VolumeName is optional and may be omitted. For example, this will create a blank, unlabelled disk image at disk index 5:

Secret of Monkey Island.m3u

Secret of Monkey Island_Disk 1.adf
Secret of Monkey Island_Disk 2.adf
Secret of Monkey Island_Disk 3.adf
Secret of Monkey Island_Disk 4.adf
#SAVEDISK:
By default, RetroArch will display the filename (without extension) of each M3U entry when selecting a disk via the Current Disc Index drop-down menu. Custom display labels may be set for each disk using the following syntax in the .m3u playlist file: DISK_FILE|DISK_LABEL.

Last edited:
Yeah they're images.
Been a long time since I've done this (I remember amiga emulation can be a right pain in general)

Assuming you have a keyboard connected, you press F12 to get the emulator menu up and there should be options available that let you change the disk image in each drive. Just keep using drive0 and see if it'll let you change disks on the fly.
Ah ok, thanks mate, I'll give it a try.

Yeah they're images.

EDIT:
If you get the menu but changing disks seems to do nothing then you might have to create an m3u file (not as daunting as it looks) - NOTE THE LAST BIT ABOUT SAVE DISKS

M3U Support​

When you have a multi disk game, you can use an .m3u file to specify each disk of the game and change them from the RetroArch Disc Control interface.

An M3U file is a simple text file with one disk per line (see Wiki).

An example M3U file:

Simpsons, The - Bart vs. The Space Mutants.m3u

containing

Simpsons, The - Bart vs. The Space Mutants_Disk1.adf
Simpsons, The - Bart vs. The Space Mutants_Disk2.adf
Path in the M3U file can be absolute or relative to the location of the M3U file.

When a game asks for it, you can change the current disk in the RetroArch Disc Control menu:

• Eject the current disk with Eject Disc
  • Select the right disk index with Current Disc Index
  • Insert the new disk with Insert Disc
For games that support multiple disk drives, append "(MD)" (as in "MultiDrive") to the M3U filename to insert each disk in different drives, up to a maximum of 4 disks.

For games that require a dedicated save disk, one may be generated automatically by entering the following line in an M3U file: #SAVEDISK:VolumeName. VolumeName is optional and may be omitted. For example, this will create a blank, unlabelled disk image at disk index 5:

Secret of Monkey Island.m3u

Secret of Monkey Island_Disk 1.adf
Secret of Monkey Island_Disk 2.adf
Secret of Monkey Island_Disk 3.adf
Secret of Monkey Island_Disk 4.adf
#SAVEDISK:
By default, RetroArch will display the filename (without extension) of each M3U entry when selecting a disk via the Current Disc Index drop-down menu. Custom display labels may be set for each disk using the following syntax in the .m3u playlist file: DISK_FILE|DISK_LABEL.
If that looks a nightmare, just tell me what the image filenames are and i'll write you an m3u file :-D

Back