Any point upgrading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I worked at EE, Samsung showed us that you can use the latest galaxy phone to scroll through web pages using facial expressions and head movements. Utterly useless and likely to get you certified if used in public.

I remember Apple making a big song and dance about the 3D touch in the iPhone 6s, now they have started to phase it out because no one is actually using it.

An S7 edge is worth about £200 on Ebay IF it has no cracks or a purple line on the screen. An ordinary S7 might be £170 in the same condition. Hang onto it and go sim only.

The new Apple operating system will speed up existing phones, so the attraction of getting a new one fades a bit, especially if the improvements are mainly tinkering around the edges.

The significant upgrade this year looks like the Apple Watch series 4. I thought the watch might be a gimmick but practically everything on the phone comes into the watch first, so you don’t constantly need your phone on you. The new version looks a decent leap from the previous models.

The significant upgrade this year looks like the Apple Watch series 4. I thought the watch might be a gimmick but practically everything on the phone comes into the watch first, so you don’t constantly need your phone on you. The new version looks a decent leap from the previous models.

I'm probably going to upgrade my first gen watch to it. Not in a hurry though I'll wait for the EGC function to get approval to work over here first. Looks like a nice upgrade.

I've got an iPhone 5 (had it I think 6 years) and it still does everything I need. My work phone is an iPhone 8 and I really don't see much difference except for the screen size and battery. I'll use this until it conks out.

Get a sim only plan and buy a Xiaomi phone for £100 - £150 when it eventually dies (cheaper than a decent phone insurance policy). Samsung, Apple, Sony phones are extortionately expensive on contracts and mobile technology has just about plateaued anyway.

This, unless you are of course an obsequious follower of trends and think you have zero chance of a leg over without the latest Samsung.

When I worked at EE, Samsung showed us that you can use the latest galaxy phone to scroll through web pages using facial expressions and head movements. Utterly useless and likely to get you certified if used in public.
Could this explain someone who claims to be doing eye exercises?

I'm still on an S6 Edge, just renewed my SIM only again so it will be 4 years old by time that runs out. It still works so no longer see the point in paying a fortune monthly for a new phone that does the same as this one. The battery isn' that great anymore but other than that i'm sticking with it for as long as possible.

I've been Sim only on my iPhone 6 for over two years now and it's still working fine. £14 a month with unlimited data on 3.
Get jealous when I see a new shiny phone but honestly it does everything pretty much exactly the same. Needed the charging port replaced and the thumbprint reader doesn't work anymore but I can't justify shelling out for a new one until this packs in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back