Any of you go to one of these schools?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date

An absolute clip of a place, got even worse (no idea it was possible) after it became an academy. @Johnsafc will agree.
What so bad with it? Eldest daughter will start there in September. From the 2 visits we have been on it all looks good. Much better than it was while I was there. The current grading is almost 2 years old as well which could have changed.

I lnow a teacher who recently left Redhouse, says it's a complete shambles. Staff leaving en masse and not being replaced; unqualified teaching assistants covering core subjects; lack of facilities for the kids. Kids there are being let down badly by the academy trust.

Farringdon for me. Went back and did some work there just over a year ago and it was still dogshit.
What year did you leave?

I lnow a teacher who recently left Redhouse, says it's a complete shambles. Staff leaving en masse and not being replaced; unqualified teaching assistants covering core subjects; lack of facilities for the kids. Kids there are being let down badly by the academy trust.

What year did you leave?

What year did you leave?
Like all schools it has large budget deficit.

This is what happens when private companies now run schools.

HT who retired at a federation school in Sunderland got a nice golden goodbye to take early retirement.

Same HT was the one who instigated conversion to an academy.

That same HT is also now a director of the trust that now runs the schools.

Many, many more examples of this practise throughout the country

Like all schools it has large budget deficit.

This is what happens when private companies now run schools.

HT who retired at a federation school in Sunderland got a nice golden goodbye to take early retirement.

Same HT was the one who instigated conversion to an academy.

That same HT is also now a director of the trust that now runs the schools.

Many, many more examples of this practise throughout the country
Absolute scandal. Academy trust execs on £200k+ there'll be a few like that, getting more than the PM.

I went to five schools (Havelock, Downhill, Broadway, Sandhill View and Red House) and there's only one of them left as it was. I left Red House 19 year ago like, but that place had barely been touched in the 30 year before that :lol:

Back