Antigen tests

Going away Sunday to Greece and have the 2 day return tests but need the Antigen tests to take within 48 hours of returning to uk..

Was originally thinking I'll get them at a chemist out there but getting itchy feet about that now.

does anyone know which chemist I might be able to go and pick some up from today or tomorrow.

the other option is getting yhem at the airport

Can’t answer your question, but we just got back from Greece earlier this week and we didn’t get asked about our proof of vaccination (both double jabbed) or negative tests at all when flying out, arriving in Greece or returning to Newcastle. Nobody asked about Passenger Locator Forms either.

In fact the only person the whole time who asked if we we’d been jabbed was a local Greek taxi driver, who was going to put his mask on if we weren’t :lol: . He then went on a massive rant the rest of the journey about people who don’t get the jab, canny funny journey to be honest he was crackers.

Can’t answer your question, but we just got back from Greece earlier this week and we didn’t get asked about our proof of vaccination (both double jabbed) or negative tests at all when flying out, arriving in Greece or returning to Newcastle. Nobody asked about Passenger Locator Forms either.

In fact the only person the whole time who asked if we we’d been jabbed was a local Greek taxi driver, who was going to put his mask on if we weren’t :lol: . He then went on a massive rant the rest of the journey about people who don’t get the jab, canny funny journey to be honest he was crackers.
Going out isnt the issue.

Anyway ordered 3 from the coop and they will arrive tomorrow .

So that's 250 or so spent on tests for this trip

Amazed and envious of the freedom to travel throughout Europe with the number of cases and deaths each day . Whereas we are locked down with closed borders , will be interesting to see which strategy works out best in the end .

Amazed and envious of the freedom to travel throughout Europe with the number of cases and deaths each day . Whereas we are locked down with closed borders , will be interesting to see which strategy works out best in the end .
Perspective, 68 million population country with 1500 deaths per day on average versus 100 classed as Covid, Iincuding anyone that tests positive within 28 days, keeping in mind over 1 million tests a day 🤷‍♂️perspective is everythinv.

Perspective, 68 million population country with 1500 deaths per day on average versus 100 classed as Covid, Iincuding anyone that tests positive within 28 days, keeping in mind over 1 million tests a day 🤷‍♂️perspective is everythinv.
Any updates on the evil timeline?

its not that free from what i can see. can't go to holland, belgium, germany etc.. without having to isolate for 10 days when you get there. france as well i think.

Just got back from spain did my test online with Collinson group and 48 hr one with zava, both reasonably priced and the collinson one was piece of piss me n our lass missed about 10 minutes sun doing it.

I've heard if you are travelling with kids who also need the tests to return - the forms don't ask for the reference number for theirs so you don't need to actually buy them. Anyone confirm?

Going away Sunday to Greece and have the 2 day return tests but need the Antigen tests to take within 48 hours of returning to uk..

Was originally thinking I'll get them at a chemist out there but getting itchy feet about that now.

does anyone know which chemist I might be able to go and pick some up from today or tomorrow.

the other option is getting yhem at the airport
I got my lateral flow and PCR tests via Chronomatics on the TUI website. Posted out to before hand. £20 per head
I've heard if you are travelling with kids who also need the tests to return - the forms don't ask for the reference number for theirs so you don't need to actually buy them. Anyone confirm?
They don't but the Greeks still check the kids certificate before they are allow to board the return flight.

Last edited:
They check on unvaccinated people by phone or at door so possibly might check on kids, you don't have to put the reference on form though I don't think

Just been and had the antigen done at the express test in the metro for fit to fly, very efficient results and certificate back with in the hour. Just had a wander round the metro till the results where in, jobs a goodun.

Just been and had the antigen done at the express test in the metro for fit to fly, very efficient results and certificate back with in the hour. Just had a wander round the metro till the results where in, jobs a goodun.
i'm going to the one at the metro later on.
the mrs used them last week and said they were good.

Another potentially stupid question.

Looking to order Antigen tests to take with us and then test ourselves for the return to UK requirement within 3 days before the flight back. All the testing companies seem to include a video call with one of their staff as part of the process when you take the test. Is this compulsory or them trying to "add value"? If the internet connection in your hotel isn't all that brilliant, the video call bod is unavailable/a moron or you just can't be chewed, can you just take the test by yourself without the Zoom call?

Looking to order Antigen tests to take with us and then test ourselves for the return to UK requirement within 3 days before the flight back. All the testing companies seem to include a video call with one of their staff as part of the process when you take the test. Is this compulsory or them trying to "add value"? If the internet connection in your hotel isn't all that brilliant, the video call bod is unavailable/a moron or you just can't be chewed, can you just take the test by yourself without the Zoom call?
We did this one. You upload a video rather than have to be on a call because we couldn’t get appointments.

I did video call first time and was fine but I thought you had to do that. Most other companies you don't have to and just take a photo which is much easier. I've done that to come to Italy and will do the same to come home next week.

Back